Motoring Discussion > Chuffed Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Runfer D'Hills Replies: 9

Chuffed - Runfer D'Hills
Well now, my 6.5 year old 180 odd thousand miles Merc has just passed another MOT with no advisories.
The reason it got an MOT at that age was the fact that it had an 18 month ticket during Covid.

Anyway, I had it serviced too, it needed brakes, but those are only the second set since it was new, and I took the precaution of having the transmission fluid renewed. Should be good for a while yet hopefully. Everything still seems to work as it should and the car looks cosmetically absolutely fine. (Apart from “that” wheel of course, but I’ve decided that qualifies as patina) ;-)

We can all crunch numbers to suit our moods and prejudices I guess, but as far as I’m concerned, I see it as not owing me much now, and I’m pretty chuffed that it seems to be in good fettle for now.

I’m in the fortunate position where I could, if I chose to, just go and buy a new car to replace it, but the tightwad in me is quite happy just to carry on with this old thing for as long as it suits my needs and for as long as it continues to function as a viable car.
 Messages Author Date
 Chuffed new Runfer D'Hills 10 Nov 22 11:38
 Chuffed new Zero 10 Nov 22 12:10
 Chuffed new Runfer D'Hills 10 Nov 22 12:12
 Chuffed new R.P. 10 Nov 22 13:29
 Chuffed new Runfer D'Hills 10 Nov 22 14:26
 Chuffed new R.P. 10 Nov 22 14:59
 Chuffed new Runfer D'Hills 10 Nov 22 15:01
 Chuffed new Runfer D'Hills 10 Nov 22 15:03
 Chuffed new Boxsterboy 12 Nov 22 17:30
 Chuffed new Runfer D'Hills 12 Nov 22 19:38
Latest Forum Posts