Computer Related > MS Money Miscellaneous
Thread Author: John Boy Replies: 14

MS Money - smokie
Depends what you mean really.

SWMBO takes care of the day to day expenditure, and any (rare) receipts. She is an ex-banker and reconciles every statement to the penny, which is a good practice and doesn't usually take her too long, though she does always like me to ask for receipts when I use a card - and I'm finding in the places I trend to do the spending (pubs particularly :-) ) and I use the wireless method they no longer do receipts by default, and often seem to be unable to produce one anyway - not that bothering really though.

She does use Excel, all transactions are entered and tallied. It is quite handy as once in a while we want to know when we spent something - bought the washing machine, went on a break to somewhere etc and it can be a quick lookup.

For personal financial planning I have a fairly complex spreadsheet which contains details of all investments and values. It includes providers and account numbers so will be useful in the event of our demise. That bit is updated whenever something changes. There are also tabs in it with projections of our income and expenditure to age 90, which I did initially to ensure we had enough money to retire but now we update every six or so months just as a sanity check (it uses data from the actual savings data). There are also tabs where I track my drawdown pensions - events, how much, how much LTA left etc etc. All in all it's fairly comprehensive and, dare I say, smart.
 Messages Author Date
 MS Money new John Boy 5 Dec 21 09:39
 MS Money new Robin O'Reliant 5 Dec 21 12:16
 MS Money new smokie 5 Dec 21 13:30
 MS Money new John Boy 5 Dec 21 14:12
 MS Money new No FM2R 5 Dec 21 14:26
 MS Money new smokie 5 Dec 21 14:38
 MS Money new sooty123 5 Dec 21 14:49
 MS Money new John Boy 5 Dec 21 15:16
 MS Money new Robin O'Reliant 5 Dec 21 15:28
 MS Money new John Boy 5 Dec 21 15:42
 MS Money new Bobby 5 Dec 21 17:19