Non-motoring > Dog and Fox mess. I need a deterrent. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 12

Dog and Fox mess. I need a deterrent. - Slightlyfatdirector
For the foxes we tried a product called 'Scoot' that is a powder in a sachet that you dilute then either spray or use a watering can round the garden boundary to deter them.

Seemed to work first time round some months ago but not so successful when we found one camping out under our decking that was getting our dog quite irate and distressed a while later although with repeated application it did go. Might be worth a shot? Can buy direct from the manufacturer for less than other places from memory (and no, I have no association with them).

Odourless to humans - at least I can't smell it, and our dog has not reacted to it, so clearly aimed at foxes.

Next is to try them getting in in the first place, but they can seem to get over or through most things.

We have other neighbors that feed the foxes regularly and they do look pretty happy and healthy, I would just prefer that they were not digging up my garden....

Re: dogs; Local neighbors have recently put up small signs on their verges on little sticks asking dog owners to pick up after their dogs, but whether that makes any notice or makes people more aware I don't know. Where we are, some people just let the dogs off the lead and don't see what is going on :(

Good luck.
 Messages Author Date
 Dog and Fox mess. I need a deterrent.  henry k 19 Oct 21 11:51
 Dog and Fox mess. I need a deterrent.  Bromptonaut 19 Oct 21 12:01
 Dog and Fox mess. I need a deterrent.  bathtub tom 19 Oct 21 12:44
 Dog and Fox mess. I need a deterrent.  VxFan 19 Oct 21 12:55
 Dog and Fox mess. I need a deterrent.  Zero 19 Oct 21 13:20
 Dog and Fox mess. I need a deterrent.  Zero 19 Oct 21 13:26
 Dog and Fox mess. I need a deterrent.  smokie 19 Oct 21 14:33
 Dog and Fox mess. I need a deterrent.  tyrednemotional 19 Oct 21 14:56
 Dog and Fox mess. I need a deterrent.  Crankcase 19 Oct 21 18:56
 Dog and Fox mess. I need a deterrent..  Falkirk Bairn 20 Oct 21 11:53