Non-motoring > ISA sold contract notes Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 6

ISA sold contract notes - martin aston
Generally I am in the bin it group. The main concern I would have is if there were several substantial, sums going through my bank account over a period of years. If HMRC asked me to explain the source of these funds it would be good to have a ready set of records.

Much depends on how complex your financial situation is. If you only have one ISA provider and only have a few transactions then it’s presumably not an issue either to keep the notes or if necessary get copies in future should you need them. On the other hand if you have lots of transactions across more than one provider it might be better to keep the notes or at least a record of the source of funds so you know where to start in the event of needing proof.

For most people the chances of HMRC coming knocking is remote. And I think they can only go back seven years but I may be wrong.

I do however keep a note explaining major movements in/out (not just ISAs) so that if I am no longer around the family can understand the source of any major sums if they are trying to sort out my finances or wind up my estate. For the sake of a few notes on a spreadsheet it might save a lot of digging.

And on that cheerful note………
 Messages Author Date
 ISA sold contract notes  Ambo 6 Aug 21 10:13
 ISA sold contract notes  smokie 6 Aug 21 12:50
 ISA sold contract notes  slowdown avenue 6 Aug 21 21:59
 ISA sold contract notes  No FM2R 6 Aug 21 22:06
 ISA sold contract notes  martin aston 7 Aug 21 06:05
 ISA sold contract notes  smokie 7 Aug 21 09:00
 ISA sold contract notes  Ambo 10 Aug 21 12:09
Latest Forum Posts