Non-motoring > Mortgages For Doctors - Advice Please Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 10

Mortgages For Doctors - Advice Please - Bromptonaut
Personally I've never had a problem with a mortgage but on all four occasions (three purchases and a re-mortgage) we were both in tenured public sector employment. IIRC the selling agent did some work for us at FTB stage and identified what was then Nationwide Anglia for us. This was in 1986 when the upheaval following the expansion of the lending market and the ending of the Building Society rate cartel were both still causing flux.

I'd had a strong disagreement with my Father a few years earlier when he attempted to convince me that, in my first year of work and being in London where prices were downright silly, I had to 'join' a Building Society. As well as me seeing no immediate path to home ownership it was apparent that the Thatcher government was determined to liberalise the Home Loans market and that the days of Mortgage rationing and interviews with Building Society managers were fast fading.

My Daughter and her now Husband had no problems but she's NHS and although he works for a Private Sector employer with a history of periods in Administration he's highly qualified and has transferrable skills.

Son though is waiting/renting as although he's an established Civil Servant his Teacher partner is still stuck with Supply/Agency albeit she's got a post until July. If she doesn't find a permanent post (she has high hopes in the present school) they may need to consider the broker route.

I think a Union is a good shout too. Is the BMA any good to Miss Z.
 Messages Author Date
 Mortgages For Doctors - Advice Please new zippy 20 Jun 21 18:34
 Mortgages For Doctors - Advice Please new sooty123 20 Jun 21 18:39
 Mortgages For Doctors - Advice Please new No FM2R 20 Jun 21 18:55
 Mortgages For Doctors - Advice Please new No FM2R 20 Jun 21 19:17
 Mortgages For Doctors - Advice Please new sooty123 20 Jun 21 19:21
 Mortgages For Doctors - Advice Please new smokie 21 Jun 21 00:30
 Mortgages For Doctors - Advice Please new Lygonos 21 Jun 21 07:58
 Mortgages For Doctors - Advice Please new Falkirk Bairn 21 Jun 21 08:22
 Mortgages For Doctors - Advice Pl.. new Bromptonaut 21 Jun 21 08:43
 Mortgages For Doctors - Advice Plea.. new Bobby 21 Jun 21 09:22
 Mortgages For Doctors - Advice Please new cosec 22 Jun 21 22:06