Non-motoring > As read on the internet.... Company Cars
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 10

As read on the internet.... - Haywain
I'm afraid the whole band packed up about 10 years ago - and we were only really a 'function band', the lowest of the low on the music scene. We started off as a, mainly, soul band - but then we included a mish-mash of everything. It was great fun while it lasted (about 14 years) but eventually it all became a bit of a chore when 3hrs playing on a Saturday night at a wedding would totally dominate your entire weekend i.e. we would have to leave after Saturday lunch to get to the venue and set up, then you had to clear off for several hours for the ceremonials then, as always happens at weddings, their timings fall to pieces. Eventually, you get on stage at 10 o clock .......... then they want you to play for an extra half hour. Then it's an hour to pack up and you drive home for a couple of hours ...... then it's 4am and you're too whacked to do anything on Sunday.

The big straw that broke the camel's back was when the arthritis in my (left) basal thumb joint became too painful and I couldn't keep going - by 11pm, I'd had enough. I left the band, there were a few changes, but then after another 5 or 6 years, they all called it a day. I joined a folky band after that - they only wanted a rhythm bashing out, but we haven't met for over a year now. I fear that when we do get together again, the arthritis in my right thumb will be such that I can no longer grip a plectrum. Jimi used his teeth, but my dentition is all wrong for that!
 Messages Author Date
 As read on the internet....  No FM2R 17 Mar 21 15:44
 As read on the internet....  Haywain 17 Mar 21 16:20
 As read on the internet....  smokie 17 Mar 21 16:23
 As read on the internet....  BiggerBadderDave 17 Mar 21 17:19
 As read on the internet....  No FM2R 17 Mar 21 17:26
 As read on the internet....  legacylad 17 Mar 21 17:53
 As read on the internet....  Haywain 17 Mar 21 18:17
 As read on the internet....  Zero 18 Mar 21 08:37
 As read on the internet....  Haywain 18 Mar 21 09:43
 As read on the internet....  Zero 18 Mar 21 09:47
 As read on the internet....  sooty123 18 Mar 21 09:52