Non-motoring > Unexpected Delivery! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: tyrednemotional Replies: 17

Unexpected Delivery! - tyrednemotional
I have a Satmap personal navigation device for which (in anticipation of escaping in the coming months) I ordered a bike mount last week, which arrived on Friday.

This morning, DPD arrived at the doorstep with a medium-sized brown box, definitely addressed to me, even though I wasn't expecting anything. The delivery driver dropped it and ran as soon as he'd confirmed my name.

Once I got it inside, It was obvious (though in small print) that it was from Satmap, and, as above, definitely addressed to me.

I rather thought I must have inadvertently pressed the button on something else, but I checked my account and emails, and no, no evidence of that.

It only remained to open it, which I did, and the invoice on the top was certainly not for me. Not only that, it was in respect of two fully-configured Satmap devices, and cases, at a value of almost £1100!! (which someone in Folkestone was expecting on next-day delivery).

A phone call to Satmap resulted in DPD being arranged to pick them up (which they did, with a different driver less than an hour after delivery).

I did consider putting them on eBay (or gifting them to friends who would have found them useful) but rather thought the connection might ultimately be made ;-)
 Messages Author Date
 Unexpected Delivery! new tyrednemotional 1 Mar 21 11:56
 Unexpected Delivery! new smokie 1 Mar 21 12:37
 Unexpected Delivery! new Robin O'Reliant 1 Mar 21 12:57
 Unexpected Delivery! new zippy 1 Mar 21 13:23
 Unexpected Delivery! new zippy 1 Mar 21 13:32
 Unexpected Delivery! new zippy 1 Mar 21 12:58
 Unexpected Delivery! new No FM2R 1 Mar 21 13:29
 Unexpected Delivery! new BiggerBadderDave 1 Mar 21 14:00
 Unexpected Delivery! new Duncan 1 Mar 21 14:53
 Unexpected Delivery! new No FM2R 1 Mar 21 15:09
 Unexpected Delivery! new Rudedog 1 Mar 21 15:22