Non-motoring > Facebook account stolen Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 12

Facebook account stolen - VxFan
Asking this on behalf of my Niece who recently has had her Facebook account stolen.

I'm not really ofay on such things as Facebook, and was wondering if anyone else could suggest something she could do or contact someone?

The thief has changed my Niece's profile photo for one of her own (or it could be anyone's photo to be honest). But has left all the other photos in albums etc still there, as well as my Niece's name for a while, but that's now been changed. The only other thing that has been changed is her "about" page.

It's quite distressing for my Niece, and although she does have copies of her photos stored elsewhere, she feels violated by this thief who is still displaying photos of her child, late grandparents and the like to the whole wide world.

She reported the matter to Facebook, but they are no help whatsoever and have since closed the case that was raised.

The thief is now trying to blackmail my Niece by saying she will remove the photos if she's pays her some money through CashApp, and to verify my Niece has previous ownership of the Facebook account wants her password, email address, photo ID (passport or drivers licence) and phone number. To my mind the thief is going the whole hog and trying to steal my Niece's identity too.

She has again raised the issue with Facebook, and they have replied, saying "sorry, but this doesn't go against our community standards"

If it wasn't for the personal photos still on the FB account, she would just tell the thief to FO and then get on with her life.

Like I said, can anyone make any suggestions as to what my Niece can do about this?
 Messages Author Date
 Facebook account stolen new VxFan 24 Feb 21 12:30
 Facebook account stolen new No FM2R 24 Feb 21 12:48
 Facebook account stolen new VxFan 24 Feb 21 19:43
 Facebook account stolen new No FM2R 24 Feb 21 19:47
 Facebook account stolen new VxFan 25 Feb 21 17:34
 Facebook account stolen new No FM2R 24 Feb 21 19:52
 Facebook account stolen new Manatee 24 Feb 21 13:20
 Facebook account stolen new No FM2R 24 Feb 21 13:42
 Facebook account stolen new No FM2R 24 Feb 21 13:48
 Facebook account stolen new Zero 24 Feb 21 15:48
 Facebook account stolen new Bromptonaut 24 Feb 21 16:02