Computer Related > Domain name value Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 6

Domain name value - smokie
SWMBo and I both have the domains of our firstnamelastname.com. It's easily memorable for us and others, it's useful as we can change out ISP and just redirect the mail, and we both just quite like having it. We don't have any websites, and we've had them for years so many many website registrations use it.

Out of the blue I've been offered $500 for SWMBOs domain name by the broker associated with the company I have them with (GoDaddy subsidiary). She won't take it. Those of you with long memories might recall this happened back in 2012, They started at $2000 but gave up when we refused $3000 - then shortly afterwards we got another approach from someone else which I killed early.

GoDaddy came back and said "No matter the offer?".

There is a wannabe Republican political activist who we think was the potential purchaser last time. It may be the same this time. The fact that the offer is in $$$ is an indicator. I can't really see it's a scam...

I wonder how high they'd go, and what SWMBOs breaking point would be. I mean, surely a new kitchen would do it :-) but I doubt they'd stretch that far. We're not really that much in need of $500.

Anyone had any such experiences??? I think I'd let mine got for a five figure sum.
 Messages Author Date
 Domain name value new smokie 26 Jan 21 08:45
 Domain name value new Zero 26 Jan 21 08:54
 Domain name value new sooty123 26 Jan 21 09:04
 Domain name value new smokie 26 Jan 21 10:11
 Domain name value new sooty123 26 Jan 21 11:06
 Domain name value new Crankcase 26 Jan 21 11:13
 Domain name value new smokie 26 Jan 21 11:41
Latest Forum Posts