Computer Related > 5 Things I can't do on a PC Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Pat Replies: 19

5 Things I can't do on a PC - Pat
Following on with the popular theme, and after reading the thread about Office, I know you're all going to think I'm thick.
I also know this is where I'll get the answers too!
A bit of background.
I'm running Vista Home Premium on the desktop and Windows XP Professional on the laptop but Office Professional 2002 on both. Since I've taken up DGPC training, I have to keep lists and do PowerPoint presentations.
I managed to teach myself how to do the latter last winter, after a fashion, but noticed a typo in one and wanted to change it, but it won't let me.

1) Correcting a PowerPoint slide
2) Making a form or list with lines in Word
3) Making a spreadsheet with just 5 columns not thousands
4) Making a PDF documant that I can edit myself
5) Stopping logos etc 'moving' to where they want to be and not staying where I put them.

I could go on but this will do for a start.

I have a new course to write between now and November in PowerPoint which needs diagrams, pictures and video clips inserting, I then have to send it away to be approved and inevitable will have to modify sections so I need to get it right first time this time.

I've also realised I should have kept a simple list of individual drivers details ( name, address, driver licence number, course name and date etc) from this year, for my own records and to enable me to contact them.
I have all those details on the appropriate forms in a file, but yesterday I scanned a list of them that was in pdf and it wouldn't let me modify it at all. I changed it to word and it did but it wouldn't let me draw lines under each line of information.

I get so frustrated with myself, and waste so much time trying to do the simple things like laying stuff out that I give up and go and prune the roses instead.
Self disciline is hard when you work from home!

As an after thought, I had better tell you that I'm very dodgy with spreadsheets. I seem to get the christian names to move to the wrong surnames and not know how I've done it, or how to put them back ( or even if they are wrong unless there's one I know)

Can we take one problem at a time so that I can be sure I have got it right before Iwe move on to the next one?

Thanks in advance for your patience:)

Pat

Messages Author Date
 5 Things I can't do on a PC new Pat 7 Sep 10 05:43
 5 Things I can't do on a PC new smokie 7 Sep 10 08:09
 5 Things I can't do on a PC new Pat 7 Sep 10 09:48
 5 Things I can't do on a PC new John H 7 Sep 10 13:06
 5 Things I can't do on a PC new AnotherJohnH 7 Sep 10 15:31
 5 Things I can't do on a PC new Pat 7 Sep 10 16:21
 5 Things I can't do on a PC new Pat 7 Sep 10 16:42
 5 Things I can't do on a PC new John H 7 Sep 10 16:46
 5 Things I can't do on a PC new Pat 7 Sep 10 17:28