Technical Car/Motor Issues > Skoda Octavia II - 10 2.0 Oil Change, replaced existing oil
Thread Author: Skoda Replies: 6

Skoda Octavia II - 10 2.0 Oil Change, replaced existing oil - Skoda
I decided partly because i can / want to and partly guided by information from the oil geek forum at www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php that i'd change my vw507.00 spec oil at around 5k miles.

I drained the (warm) oil and found it's still mostly golden. I know from sample analysis done on BITOG forum that the oil is probably still fine, chemically, at this age.

The only reason i know of to change it now would be if it was saturated with suspended particles in the oil. But that's not visibly the case here.

So i had a think about it, and did the opposite from what i'd normally do. I put the new filter back on the shelf and refilled the engine with the old oil.

I recovered no shavings / fragments from the oil (and it was definitely up to temperature).

Will retry at 10k miles.

It still doesn't appear to have used a drop of oil, but it must have, there's a PCV system upstream of the turbo charger. The intercooler must at least have some engine oil in it by now.

I can't help feel slightly tormented by this.
 Messages Author Date
 Skoda Octavia II - 10 2.0 Oil Change, .. new Skoda 6 Sep 10 18:07
 Skoda Octavia II - 10 2.0 Oil Change, re.. new Dog 6 Sep 10 19:51
 Skoda Octavia II - 10 2.0 Oil Change, r.. new Iffy 6 Sep 10 21:49
 Skoda Octavia II - 10 2.0 Oil Change, .. new Zero 6 Sep 10 23:06
 Skoda Octavia II - 10 2.0 Oil Change,.. new Bellboy 6 Sep 10 23:14
 Skoda Octavia II - 10 2.0 Oil Chang.. new Skoda 7 Sep 10 00:30
 Skoda Octavia II - 10 2.0 Oil Chang.. new Kevin 10 Sep 10 21:57
Latest Forum Posts