Non-motoring > imagine them behind the wheel Miscellaneous
Thread Author: - Replies: 25

imagine them behind the wheel - Ted

O my gawd...don't get me going on trolley rage !
We have a medium sized branch of a national, used to be Safeway. It was built on our old railway station site many years ago and it's too small.
So they cram a big shop's worth of goods into the narrow aisles of our little one.
Of course, we have all the swanp-donkeys, ditherers and chatterers like all marts.
The woman who will stand for 5 minutes staring at 10.000 identical cans of soup instead of just taking one.

The managers are a great help to this congestion, placing displays on either side of the aisle, just inside at the ends. Shelf stackers now seem to be afraid of the dark, only coming out in the day. There's always a staff trolley just in front of the item you want.

I went in today, I knew what I wanted and I prepared my list in order of where the stuff was.
Only 6 items, and two of them were in the booze section, but it still took me a good half hour.

I got my own back, many years ago at this store.
They extended it to get a couple more aisles in and put in a second entrance with automatic doors.
I called in one wet day and stepped off the rough brick outside onto wet marble effect tiles.
I fell badly, ending up sitting on one of my feet.
I limped in and found the information daesk to warn them of the danger. The obese, disinterested slug of a woman, a supervisor of some sort, laughed at me and said I shouldn't be coming in at that door........with an auto opener on the outside ??
I turned out a manager and insisted he logged the accident, taking his name......I also dobbed the slug in.
I checked later, they put a mat down. I checked a week later, the mat was gone.
My subsequent phone call to the local H & S had the door shut down until some of the tiles were removed and a sunken mat put in. ' Ted's mat ' is there to this day !

Oh, I also had the pleasure of striping them for £1500 plus expenses....could have got more probably but i was tired of the game by then.

Recently, it was found that they had pinched a big chunk of land from railtrack when they bought the site. They've had to give it back so the Metrolink platform can be built.....another major expense for them, redesigning the car park.

Sorry if I put everyones food bills up !

Ted
 Messages Author Date
 imagine them behind the wheel  - 5 Sep 10 20:57
 imagine them behind the wheel  Dog 5 Sep 10 21:24
 imagine them behind the wheel  Skoda 5 Sep 10 21:28
 imagine them behind the wheel  Bellboy 5 Sep 10 22:22
 imagine them behind the wheel  .... 5 Sep 10 22:00
 imagine them behind the wheel  Runfer D'Hills 5 Sep 10 22:20
 imagine them behind the wheel  Bellboy 5 Sep 10 22:24
 imagine them behind the wheel  Runfer D'Hills 5 Sep 10 22:38
 imagine them behind the wheel  BiggerBadderDave 5 Sep 10 23:15
 imagine them behind the wheel  Ted 5 Sep 10 23:22