Motoring Discussion > California car rental Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Netsur Replies: 4

California car rental - legacylad
Whilst in CA I have always used Enterprise. The local office close to my CA friends have always excelled themselves in getting me something larger and far more thirsty than I actually wanted. Methinks there is a reason for this.
On t'other hand, when booking car rental in conjunction with flights I have had mixed experiences. With DialAFlight I have had good experiences with Hertz, (Oct 2009 and Sept 2008) being supplied with 'factory fresh' Mustangs and very good service. I believe Hertz mainly use Fords (which is why I use them and ask for a convertible outside of winter months...doh) and have had excellent service from the rental offices.
My last experience, over New Year 2010 when I booked flights with TrailFinders was the opposite. The car hire people were a bunch of cowboys and I was told to my face that during holiday periods they overbook as a matter of course. Our 4x4 was booked in June and we should have collected at noon on the 28th Dec. We finally got a 'reasonable' vehicle at 16:50 hours on the 31st, just before they closed for New Year. Never again...all credit to TrailFinders who worked exceptionally hard to salvage our ski trip.
 Messages Author Date
 California car rental new Netsur 5 Mar 10 07:07
 California car rental new smokie 5 Mar 10 07:39
 California car rental new Netsur 5 Mar 10 09:13
 California car rental new smokie 5 Mar 10 20:24
 California car rental new legacylad 6 Mar 10 19:35
Latest Forum Posts