Non-motoring > Ronaldo joins Juventus... Computing Issues
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 8

Ronaldo joins Juventus... - Haywain
"What is it, therefore, that a fan supports?"

That's a valid question. For me it is .....

Fundamentally the sport - I can strike up an instant conversation with anyone similarly interested, much as I can with, say, a motorcyclist. However, I am not of the football cognoscenti who know every fact about every match that has ever been played.

Principally, I support my local team with a secondary interest in a couple of teams that I have watched in the past - largely as a result of where I've been living.

It is also possible to follow the career of an individual player who may move on from the club that you follow. It is always a bit sad to lose a decent player to bigger club, but no true football supporter would begrudge a youngster the opportunity to move on. The recent classic case of that is Nick Pope, the goalie who now plays for Burnley and is on the bench for England. Contrary to the impression the media may give you, there are some very decent people involved with and playing football.

I should perhaps mention that I have never bought or worn a football shirt in my life - if I did, my wife would kill me.

Messages Author Date
 Ronaldo joins Juventus... new No FM2R 17 Jul 18 01:58
 Ronaldo joins Juventus... new sooty123 17 Jul 18 08:09
 Ronaldo joins Juventus... new tyrednemotional 17 Jul 18 08:13
 Ronaldo joins Juventus... new No FM2R 17 Jul 18 17:45
 Ronaldo joins Juventus... new sooty123 17 Jul 18 17:58
 Ronaldo joins Juventus... new No FM2R 17 Jul 18 18:22
 Ronaldo joins Juventus... new tyrednemotional 17 Jul 18 17:59
 Ronaldo joins Juventus... new Mapmaker 18 Jul 18 10:10
 Ronaldo joins Juventus... new Haywain 18 Jul 18 12:05
Latest Forum Posts