Non-motoring > Bunding Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 8

Bunding - Crankcase
Just today had the quote for a new tank from a second supplier. Both suppliers providing a plastic bundled tank. Same job exactly, same position. First supplier, 2k. Second supplier, £3.5k. Different tank make with second, and one size larger as that's the smallest they do. Big price jump though.

First supplier gets the business. Both include digging out and creating a new base (necessary n our case), transferring oil from old to new, disposal of old tank, a new remote Watchman fuel level thingy and recommissioning the system as required.

Our existing tank, a Titan, came in 2005 with a ten year warranty, single skinned. Just starting to crack now due to light, so we had 12 years from it. Wish they'd told me to put a cover over it years ago. I had no idea.

Anyway, turns out the industry has learned. A single skinned plastic tank is still available (and is in regs as long as "long list of stuff here") but now you only get a two year warranty. If you want the ten years you have to go for a bunded tank. So that's what I've picked.

Messages Author Date
 Bunding new bathtub tom 21 Dec 17 12:27
 Bunding new Crankcase 21 Dec 17 12:40
 Bunding new devonite 21 Dec 17 13:57
 Bunding new MD 21 Dec 17 14:29
 Bunding new zippy 21 Dec 17 22:31
 Bunding new Fullchat 22 Dec 17 14:11
 Bunding new Crankcase 22 Dec 17 15:40
 Bunding new MD 24 Dec 17 13:39
 Bunding new Fullchat 24 Dec 17 13:47
Latest Forum Posts