Motoring Discussion > mouth to mouth with the law Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Buddy Replies: 11

mouth to mouth with the law - Buddy
Wonder how many of us have been stopped by police looking out (quite rightly) for drink-drivers. It happened to me at 10.40pm on a recent Fri night after I'd been to a reunion. Setting off from North Cheam, Surrey, heading home towards Epsom, I noticed a Met Focus following. After 2 mins, he flashed blue lights and I pulled in. Came round to my now open window, asked me to step out, please. On not a a particularly wide road, we stood on grass verge and the 2 PCs politely and properly asked if "Sir" had been drinking. No, I replied, only water. May we smell your breath, Sir. Of course, says, I and one of them leaned forward towards my mouth as I exhaled. Thank you very much, Sir. No prob, says I. By the way, I added, just out of interest, why did you stop me? Well, Sir, we could see you watching us in your mirror, you were driving quite close to the kerb and doing 30 in a 40mph limit.
Fair enough. One thing I forgot to ask, would such a "stop" be recorded, I now wonder? Anyone else been given the reasons for a similar "stop"?
 Messages Author Date
 mouth to mouth with the law new Buddy 3 Mar 10 10:29
 mouth to mouth with the law new R.P. 3 Mar 10 10:34
 mouth to mouth with the law new Iffy 3 Mar 10 10:45
 mouth to mouth with the law new Old Navy 3 Mar 10 10:49
 mouth to mouth with the law new Alanovich 3 Mar 10 10:54
 mouth to mouth with the law new Robin O'Reliant 3 Mar 10 11:11
 mouth to mouth with the law new crocks 3 Mar 10 11:05
 mouth to mouth with the law new Buddy 3 Mar 10 11:11
 mouth to mouth with the law new Mapmaker 3 Mar 10 11:48
 mouth to mouth with the law new crocks 3 Mar 10 13:10
 mouth to mouth with the law new Buddy 3 Mar 10 14:30