Non-motoring > Phantosmia - I wish someone had warned me...! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 12

Phantosmia - I wish someone had warned me...! - R.P.
Day 6 of Manflu....Got up and on with some admin - felt well enough. Sorted the dogs cleared out stuff that had gone off in the fridge. Not been eating anything and finally felt a little hungry. Grilled some fish-fingers for a sandwich (Balsamic vinager adds some class). Got a text from some friends wanting to call to check up on me - tried to disuade them and an hour or so after lunch a smell was lingering in the house, quite bad couldn't trace it and it was progressively getting worse. Friends sat down and we talked over a cuppa. The smell was intolerable now and acidic in quality and I apologised for it and was trying to trace it. My wife's friend said "I haven't smelt it - don't worry" After they went it was overwhelming opened all the windows - changed the bedding (again) as that was minging...I messaged my neighbour and he came accross and he looked at me blankly saying there was no smell anywhere......the penny was not dropping but certainly on the edge. Did some web research and found this baby, along with near deliurium and hallucintations this mother had this in its armoury. Because the sinuses were so infected the brain receives scent data from the smell of that witch's brew (I tell you it is god-awful) - the brain analyses the data including this to form the big picture, brain is conned into thinking that the immeadiate enviroment is feeding the data. This trumps all the the other stuff included in the package and how, frightening, confusing and shocking. I finally thought I'd lost it last night,,,God knows. Good supporting ifo from the GP this morning in a delightful country surgery - turn up and wait to see the single GP, efficient smart system. What does tomorrow hold ?
 Messages Author Date
 Phantosmia - I wish someone had warned .. new R.P. 23 Jan 17 23:39
 Phantosmia - I wish someone had warned me.. new sooty123 23 Jan 17 23:55
 Phantosmia - I wish someone had warned m.. new R.P. 24 Jan 17 00:43
 Phantosmia - I wish someone had warned me.. new Dog 24 Jan 17 08:27
 Phantosmia - I wish someone had warned m.. new R.P. 24 Jan 17 08:57
 Phantosmia - I wish someone had warned m.. new Cliff Pope 24 Jan 17 09:05
 Phantosmia - I wish someone had warned .. new Manatee 24 Jan 17 12:14
 Phantosmia - I wish someone had warned.. new CGNorwich 24 Jan 17 12:25
 Phantosmia - I wish someone had warn.. new Manatee 24 Jan 17 13:01
 Phantosmia - I wish someone had warned me.. new Mapmaker 25 Jan 17 11:31
 Phantosmia - I wish someone had warned m.. new Lygonos 25 Jan 17 20:42