Non-motoring > Itemised phone bill & mobile charge query Miscellaneous
Thread Author: TheManWithNoName Replies: 12

Itemised phone bill & mobile charge query - TheManWithNoName
My parents were billed recently for an hour long conversation with a mobile number.

On Boxing day mum rang her sister's landline after 6pm (free evening and weekend calls for the first hour).

However their itemised bill shows a Vodafone mobile number was dialled with a bill for nearly £8.
When they checked the mobile number it turned out to be the brother in law's. Mum says there's no way she'd have rung his mobile and certainly not spoken for an hour.

They think BIL had diverted his landline to the mobile as previously they were away for a few days just before Christmas.

If my mum called a landline, which should have been free, would you expect the itemised bill to show both numbers? Should there have been an announcement or warning she was about to spend an hour calling a mobile number? Seems to me there's room for improvement with their own provider or the provider of the person called.

They daren't call BIL to ask him as they'd probably get charged again. I suggested they text him instead.
 Messages Author Date
 Itemised phone bill & mobile charge query new TheManWithNoName 22 Jan 17 12:59
 Itemised phone bill & mobile charge query new Timeonmyhands 22 Jan 17 13:10
 Itemised phone bill & mobile charge quer.. new TheManWithNoName 22 Jan 17 14:56
 Itemised phone bill & mobile charge que.. new smokie 22 Jan 17 15:02
 Itemised phone bill & mobile charge qu.. new rtj70 22 Jan 17 15:33
 Itemised phone bill & mobile charge .. new spamcan61 22 Jan 17 17:06
 Itemised phone bill & mobile charge.. new Manatee 22 Jan 17 17:21
 Itemised phone bill & mobile charge.. new rtj70 22 Jan 17 18:25
 Itemised phone bill & mobile charge .. new BrianByPass 22 Jan 17 18:26
 Itemised phone bill & mobile charge.. new rtj70 22 Jan 17 18:27
 Itemised phone bill & mobile charg.. new BrianByPass 22 Jan 17 18:33
 Itemised phone bill & mobile char.. new TheManWithNoName 23 Jan 17 08:56
 Itemised phone bill & mobile cha.. new rtj70 23 Jan 17 12:01
Latest Forum Posts