Non-motoring > What a week Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 10

What a week - R.P.
Started quite promising singing with a small (find your voice) choir on Sunday evening. Came home felt ok. Went to work Monday worked hard most of the day. The older Spanial was going in for surgery in the daytime.

Sitting on the bed when I got home I felt insanely and disproportinally tired to perceived expended activity - Landline rang and it was our estate agent saying that the chain had re-assembled itself and we were good to go again after a two week lull. Dog came home in a cone of shame and the poor dog was banging into things - don't think he's ever been in one in 11 years....lot of umming and ahing, decided to remove it and keep a close eye on him to prevent scratching or rolling (op on the eyelid) - easy. I got more tired and my eyes were aching....didn't think much about that really, left the dogo in his cone and went to bed.

Could hear him downstaris whimpering to himself and the cone baning on the tiles. Went down found him sitting on the door mat back to the door and miserable as sin. So I re-located to the settee in a sleeping bag. Felt very warm (thought it was due to the winter bag) - fet quite rough and tired slept quite well one hand on the dogs collar and the alert worked he got up at three am to go for drink. Slept fitfully until 8 woek up with the mother of sore throats aching joints, feverish and bad dreams. Went off to my real bed after calling in sick with the Office- left dog in Mrs RP's care, he seemed fine. She sorted out waking up the chain again and slpet most of the day. Big mistake was not enough fluids. I was ill on Weds and able to rationalise that I was seriously dehydrated but couldn't drink and panic was setting in to be honest. Everything tasted strange and difficulty swallowing - Oddly local tap-water became the food of the gods...superb taste. My misery depened over Wednesday and Thursday with regular relapses - didn't get much to eat at all. I came over the hump this afternoon...worse thing I've suffered in ages took me out of it for the week. I apologise to Manatee for sounding as if I was ranting - it was latent within me ! Not quite back to normal - sniffy nose slightly bad chest and soundcard disconnected for three days back now with a new driver.....effectively a week off sorting the house out though. In my fever I managed to sort a surveyor, fund some work to be done and do some stuff with Conservation Area issues - see how it goes tomorrow...awful thing illness I suffered a week of it - some suffer lifetime illnesses one has to count one's blessings.
 Messages Author Date
 What a week new R.P. 21 Jan 17 23:19
 What a week new Focal Point 22 Jan 17 00:20
 What a week new rtj70 22 Jan 17 01:15
 What a week new Dog 22 Jan 17 08:34
 What a week new legacylad 22 Jan 17 10:05
 What a week new Runfer D'Hills 22 Jan 17 10:22
 What a week new R.P. 22 Jan 17 10:58
 What a week new Dog 22 Jan 17 11:16
 What a week new zippy 22 Jan 17 12:03
 What a week new R.P. 22 Jan 17 13:30
 What a week new CGNorwich 22 Jan 17 12:13