Non-motoring > Annoying experience in Chad Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 9

Annoying experience in Chad - Armel Coussine
I won't name the newspaper or the individual, but when I was filing for the paper in Chad it sent a message saying it was sending someone to replace me - I'd had enough of the place by then and things were pressing at home - and that he was 'a good guy and knew Chad'.

Turned out he was a galloping PITA, deeply ignorant about Chad, with far-from-fluent French. He was a friend of a previous correspondent who had disgraced himself by pretending to have been to places he hadn't, and after I left did the same thing himself more or less. My hotel bill was building up and I needed more money. The geezer didn't bring any money, and had a friend in one of the aid agencies so could stay there for nothing. I had to borrow the money to pay the hotel bill. The newspaper, bad cess to it, said since the hotel bill had been paid what was the problem? It was quite prepared to rip someone off if it could get away with it.

Cost me a lot of money at the time, and took forever to screw the bread out of the paper.

I was awake half of last night remembering this Scheiss and getting in a towering rage all these years after the event. I still remember the prat's smug idiocy and ghastly attempts to pronounce French Rs. I'm a sensitive cat and like my father much given to pointless retrospective anger.

Foreign hacking can be interesting but can take years off your life.
 Messages Author Date
 Annoying experience in Chad new Armel Coussine 25 Aug 16 13:46
 Annoying experience in Chad new Armel Coussine 25 Aug 16 13:56
 Annoying experience in Chad new Armel Coussine 25 Aug 16 16:22
 Annoying experience in Chad new Crankcase 25 Aug 16 16:31
 Annoying experience in Chad new CGNorwich 25 Aug 16 16:48
 Annoying experience in Chad new helicopter 25 Aug 16 16:58
 Annoying experience in Chad new Armel Coussine 25 Aug 16 16:57
 Annoying experience in Chad new John Boy 25 Aug 16 17:13
 Annoying experience in Chad new Armel Coussine 25 Aug 16 17:35
 Annoying experience in Chad new Armel Coussine 26 Aug 16 20:09
Latest Forum Posts