Non-motoring > Warden assisted accomodation Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Pezzer Replies: 9

Warden assisted accomodation - Pezzer
My mother (octogenarian) is currently in hospital as a result of an illness combined with increasing mobility problems due to crumbling bones in her back. We are all very worried about her and my father who is left at home.
Without wishing to pre-judge things if she returns to some level of health it is likely that their current house will not be suitable for her as bathrooms/bedrooms are upstairs and stair lifts are not an option due to the configuration of the stairs and upstairs landing.

The needs of my father also need to be considered who is much more mobile and furiously independent but increasingly frail . Ultimately it will have to be up to them to decide what it is they want, although my fear is that may well be different for each of them.

My mother is now struggling to run a house and will need assistance so I guess the social services/meals on wheels will be a port of call but I almost dont know where to start with the housing situation. Can anybody tell me whether Warden assisted accommodation is normally purchased outright or whether rental agreements are more common ? Is there a register of reputable providers perhaps ?

Frankly I have absolutely no experience with this and would be grateful for any wisdom anybody would be prepared to share.

Many thanks
 Messages Author Date
 Warden assisted accomodation new Pezzer 22 Jul 10 21:49
 Warden assisted accomodation new Perky Penguin 22 Jul 10 22:16
 Warden assisted accomodation new Alastairw 22 Jul 10 22:26
 Warden assisted accomodation new Bellboy 22 Jul 10 22:36
 Warden assisted accomodation new Zero 22 Jul 10 22:41
 Warden assisted accomodation new Dog 23 Jul 10 08:30
 Warden assisted accomodation new Mapmaker 23 Jul 10 10:20
 Warden assisted accomodation new Fenlander 23 Jul 10 10:35
 Warden assisted accomodation new FotheringtonTomas 23 Jul 10 11:38
 Warden assisted accomodation new Falkirk Bairn 24 Jul 10 14:55