Non-motoring > HMRC Last day to submit Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sherlock47 Replies: 14

HMRC Last day to submit - sherlock47
I know that there is another thread somewhere, but this is worthy of a stand alone piece of advice and (unusal government ) praise.

When I submitted my finally completed return about 10 days ago I am sure that an on screen message indicated that I would receive an email acknowledgement within 72 hours. Because I was going away for a few days and wanted to make sure that I ws paid up I also sent them the money owed.

My wife was in a similar position and she had received an email acknowledgement of the return and had then paid.

I knew that they had my email adress - as I had received my replacement password using the online service.

So this morning at 08.30 I rang them expecting a long wait. THE CALL WAS ANSWERED ON THE FIRST RING. The guy was very helpful and said that I did not have an email address registered on the system - hence no email acknowledgent.

Going online to the HMRC site showed he was correct - no email address shown. It appears that the Government Gateway registration details (aka "online Government Account email address") is different to the details held by HMRC.

I found the whole process very straightforward, with only one question causing my wife a problem, it seemed to have a 'double negative' in the question.
 Messages Author Date
 HMRC Last day to submit new sherlock47 30 Jan 15 09:32
 HMRC Last day to submit new hjd 30 Jan 15 16:38
 HMRC Last day to submit new Alastairw 30 Jan 15 18:57
 HMRC Last day to submit new Sandgrown 30 Jan 15 20:25
 HMRC Last day to submit new Sandgrown 30 Jan 15 20:25
 HMRC Last day to submit new legacylad 30 Jan 15 20:32
 HMRC Last day to submit new smokie 30 Jan 15 23:25
 HMRC Last day to submit new Alastairw 30 Jan 15 23:40
 HMRC Last day to submit new legacylad 4 Feb 15 16:29
 HMRC Last day to submit new legacylad 4 Feb 15 16:31
 HMRC Last day to submit new WillDeBeest 4 Feb 15 16:46