Motoring Discussion > Ford Focus III - Number of versions available
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 5

Ford Focus III - Number of versions available - BobbyG
Whilst browsing an Auto Express this morning, trying to take my mind off a football game in a couple of hours, I was amazed to see they have launched yet another variant.

This time its a Zetec S 1.6 and it costs £19,300. For that money you get some alloys, a "hot" bodykit and a 0-60 of 10.8 secs.

Now I realise modern building techniques mean that it is very easy and cheap to swap parts and produce new variants. However where exactly is the market for this car?

OK to some boy racers its a Focus ST without the engine and the insuarance to go with it (group 7). But if you are willing to pay nearly £20k for a 3 door 1.6 Focus then surely the insurance is not going to be the issue for you? And surely your money would be better spent elsewhere on a 1 year old hot hatch type?

Going back to my day, I would be amazed if the XR3 or Orion 1.6iGhia didn't beat that 0-60 time. But a modern day 1.8 diesel Mondeo will even beat it?

I know the argument on insurance costs but if this was a 12k Focus with a bodykit I could understand - but £19300?
 Messages Author Date
 Ford Focus III - Number of versions av.. new BobbyG 28 Feb 10 09:37
 Ford Focus III - Number of versions avai.. new Runfer D'Hills 28 Feb 10 09:46
 Ford Focus III - Number of versions ava.. new Old Navy 28 Feb 10 10:00
 Ford Focus III - Number of versions ava.. new BobbyG 28 Feb 10 10:10
 Ford Focus III - Number of versions av.. new Runfer D'Hills 28 Feb 10 10:14
 Ford Focus III - Number of versions av.. new Iffy 28 Feb 10 10:17
Latest Forum Posts