Non-motoring > Wildlife: urban drift Green Issues
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 15

Wildlife: urban drift - Armel Coussine
We are staying in herself's sister's pad on the southern end of the Islington ridge. There's a sort of shrubbery below the balcony here, not at all extensive, hardly a decent suburban garden in size. We are just shouting distance from Sadlers Wells which is visible from the balcony. I've said this before, so if you've seen it, bear with me.

Last year there was a pair of foxes living in the shrubbery down there. On fine days they would emerge to lie in the sun. Today I saw three at the same time, sprawling and yawning. Two of them were pale, skinny and mangy-looking. If the other is a recent arrival it will soon catch whatever it is the others have got.

Perhaps it's starvation, or food poisoning from eating stuff out of bins. Last year there were squirrels to be seen, but I think the foxes have eaten them all because not one have I seen since we got here last night. Heard that happening once last year at night, and it was a sound to freeze your spine (mine anyway). I could hear the fox growling yum yum crunch crunch as the squirrel's frantic squeaks slowly died away. A lively imagination isn't always a blessing.
 Messages Author Date
 Wildlife: urban drift new Armel Coussine 16 Jul 14 13:15
 Wildlife: urban drift new madf 16 Jul 14 15:33
 Wildlife: urban drift new Cliff Pope 16 Jul 14 16:00
 Wildlife: urban drift new madf 16 Jul 14 16:07
 Wildlife: urban drift new MD 16 Jul 14 20:30
 Wildlife: urban drift new MD 16 Jul 14 20:31
 Wildlife: urban drift new Bromptonaut 16 Jul 14 21:53
 Wildlife: urban drift new Armel Coussine 17 Jul 14 00:51
 Wildlife: urban drift new Armel Coussine 18 Jul 14 01:06
 Wildlife: urban drift new Armel Coussine 18 Jul 14 01:28
 Wildlife: urban drift new Armel Coussine 18 Jul 14 01:51