Non-motoring > Tripod recommendations please Miscellaneous
Thread Author: borasport Replies: 13

Tripod recommendations please - Manatee
>>manfrotto compact ordered yesterday

Ha ha.

I ordered a Hahnel Triad 60 like Zero's - came this morning. I didn't desperately need another tripod if I'm honest, but I am doing my annual local panto photos tonight and I can use it, and I having been looking for a lighter one to carry about.

I'm very impressed. I'll use it later with my LX3 and a rather top heavy external flash but I'm pretty sure it will support that OK.

A point to note is that it is better designed for those little camcorders than a compact camera, because the rectangular camera plate goes fore and aft when you have the vertical tilt pivot in the right plane. The pyramidal shape on the base of the plate looks square, as if it should also fit at 90 degrees, but it rattles about that way round - probably explaining why some of the reviewers complain that it doesn't fit tightly.

The plastic parts are a bit rough here and there, but it isn't too heavy and it's remarkably sturdy. Some reviewers also complained that the 'fluid' action was a bit rough, mine seems OK. It's about on a par for panning with the Manfrotto head I have which has PTFE pads, and cost more than the Hahnel tripod complete.
 Messages Author Date
 Tripod recommendations please  borasport 17 Feb 14 09:21
 Tripod recommendations please  Manatee 17 Feb 14 10:05
 Tripod recommendations please  Zero 17 Feb 14 10:32
 Tripod recommendations please  Manatee 17 Feb 14 11:54
 Tripod recommendations please  Fenlander 17 Feb 14 10:41
 Tripod recommendations please  WillDeBeest 18 Feb 14 12:31
 Tripod recommendations please  borasport 18 Feb 14 13:57
 Tripod recommendations please  Manatee 18 Feb 14 15:27
 Tripod recommendations please  Mapmaker 10 Feb 15 16:55
 Tripod recommendations please  Zero 10 Feb 15 17:26
 Tripod recommendations please  Mapmaker 11 Feb 15 11:32