Non-motoring > Travel insurance conundrum Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 6

Travel insurance conundrum - legacylad
For several years I have held annual, worldwide multi trip, and, touch wood, never had to make a claim. My renewal becomes due shortly, so I rang Insure4 just to clarify what level of cover I had...they offer three levels.
In passing, I mentioned about individual item cover, and was offered a policy extension for my new Ipad Air + two other gadgets. So far, all well & good. I then mentioned that although purchased on my UK C/card, it had been bought from the US Apple Store for delivery to, and collection from, my US friends. After consulting a supervisor, I was informed that ANY goods purchased abroad were not covered on the policy.
Which begs the question..several friends of mine in a local photographic group have purchased expensive eqpt whilst in transit, Singapore springs to mind, and I bet they don't know that cover is invalid in case of loss. Other friends have, only recently, brought back Bose headphones from the USA which cost a pretty penny, although less than the UK.
So, what to do? If my Ipad gets lost or stolen whilst travelling it sounds like I am stuffed.
 Messages Author Date
 Travel insurance conundrum new legacylad 6 Feb 14 22:12
 Travel insurance conundrum new R.P. 6 Feb 14 22:20
 Travel insurance conundrum new rtj70 6 Feb 14 22:40
 Travel insurance conundrum new legacylad 18 Feb 14 15:09
 Travel insurance conundrum new Bromptonaut 18 Feb 14 16:09
 Travel insurance conundrum new legacylad 19 Feb 14 00:04
 Travel insurance conundrum new Meldrew 19 Feb 14 13:07
Latest Forum Posts