Computer Related > BBC iPlayer Computing Issues
Thread Author: Manatee Replies: 3

BBC iPlayer - Manatee
Is it me? They seem to keep changing it.

A while back it needed Adobe Air to work. That doesn't seem to be the case any more. A few weeks ago it asked me to download and install iPlayer Desktop, which I did. I used it a couple of times and it worked. It put itself in the start up folder. Then it stopped working. Oddly it fires you off to the website via a browser anyway, and I downloaded a couple of things and watched them but recently it stopped responding to the 'download' link and the 'Desktop' has been telling me I have no programmes available even when I know I have some unexpired and unwatched. I have just downloaded one (Young Montalbano actually, nice pictures of Sicily and the young Montalbano's girlfriend).

Then it asked me if I wanted to install BBC iPlayer Downloads, so I have and I have just downloaded a programme (Young Montalbano actually, nice pictures of Sicily and the young Montalbano's girlfriend). I can now watch my downloaded Montalbano using the 'Downloads' application, but the'Desktop' still doesn't see it, maybe it's redundant? But it still opens and graces the desktop every time I switch the PC one.

If Microsoft carried on like this they would be lambasted right and left. I'm not a technophobe or as far as I know an idiot, but I can't seem to use the damn thing the same way more than twice, and I only make it work at all by doing random things.

Rant over. Hints welcome. I can't stream things reliably BTW as the connection is too slow.
 Messages Author Date
 BBC iPlayer new Manatee 3 Oct 13 15:33
 BBC iPlayer new Manatee 3 Oct 13 16:02
 BBC iPlayer new Crankcase 3 Oct 13 16:19
 BBC iPlayer new Rudedog 4 Oct 13 00:44
Latest Forum Posts