Technical Car/Motor Issues > Honda Accord Tourer - Car eating headlights Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Mapmaker Replies: 9

Honda Accord Tourer - Car eating headlights - TeeCee
>> because bulb-changing was an hour-long knuckle-skinning experience
>> that had to be carried out with the skill of a a gynaecologist.
>>

Hmm, I had the dubious pleasure of changing the sidelight bulbs on a colleague's VW Sharan once. Same thing. Sliding access panel in the wheelarch which reveals an aperture slightly too small for an average hand. Once I'd managed to stuff my hand in the hole, I found that VW had thoughtfully mounted the bulb on a longish plastic thing to make it easy to grab and withdraw. Slight snag is that a hand grasping a plastic stick is even less inclined to fit through the hole than one not so encumbered.
The downside of that is that refitting consists of repeatedly shoving the plastic thing / new bulb assembly into the orifice in the faint hope that it'll hit the right spot at the other end of the tunnel. A system that appears to have been designed to promote skinned knuckles and blasphemy.

--

Some years ago I dropped a mate off at Heathrow in his fleet BMW 320 and had the use of it while he was away. I noticed that it had a headlamp bulb out and wondered why he hadn't done something about it. Looking in the boot I found a spare bulb, so he had done something....
Retrieve manual from glovebox and turn to section labelled "Headlamp bulbs / changing.". This produced "Your BMW dealer will be pleased to assist you with this operation.". Swear at BMW.
An hour later, surrounded by plastic bits removed from the engine bay, I decided that if BMW dealers were pleased to assist with this they must all be ardent masochists.
 Messages Author Date
 Honda Accord Tourer - Car eating headligh.. new Mapmaker 20 May 13 10:07
 Honda Accord Tourer - Car eating headlig.. new Dog 20 May 13 10:39
 Honda Accord Tourer - Car eating headlig.. new Mike H 20 May 13 11:47
 Honda Accord Tourer - Car eating headli.. new Zero 20 May 13 12:14
 Honda Accord Tourer - Car eating headli.. new Mapmaker 20 May 13 12:24
 Honda Accord Tourer - Car eating headl.. new idle_chatterer 20 May 13 12:52
 Honda Accord Tourer - Car eating head.. new Robbie34 21 May 13 15:24
 Honda Accord Tourer - Car eating headlig.. new Haywain 29 May 13 12:43
 Honda Accord Tourer - Car eating hea.. new TeeCee 29 May 13 13:24
 Honda Accord Tourer - Car eating headl.. new - 29 May 13 20:42
Latest Forum Posts