Computer Related > Can't Install Windows Updates Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 6

Can't Install Windows Updates - smokie
You are right, there are lots of instances. Having read many of them it seems automatic updating won't work then manually updating will. This was about the most straightforward description I found (in this thread forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1098524.htm ) .

you MUST use IE browser to access Microsoft download center www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx
Once there, just type a specific update (example: KB981715) in the search box, search will bring up your update. You must remain in IE to do the updates. When the page comes up with the update, click Download, a security warning box pops up..click Run or Save. It'll begin the download, another box will pop up after download, click Run. My Norton gives me a popup to give "permission to continue" (you may or may not encounter such as this). Then the appropriate update box will open & you MUST check the box at the bottom of the message to "accept Microsoft license terms" and continue. It will then "install" your specific update. If all goes as it does for me, you'll get the customary popup at the end "installation complete" click OK and you are done. To be sure it was successful you can return to Windows Update and make it check for updates again, this time your previously "failed" update should be gone. Of course, you have to do this manually for EACH failed update until all are complete.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 19 May 10 at 10:05
 Messages Author Date
 Can't Install Windows Updates new Duncan 18 May 10 15:14
 Can't Install Windows Updates new Zero 18 May 10 15:47
 Can't Install Windows Updates new Zero 18 May 10 16:14
 Can't Install Windows Updates new lancara 18 May 10 22:25
 Can't Install Windows Updates new L'escargot 19 May 10 07:31
 Can't Install Windows Updates new smokie 19 May 10 08:11
 Can't Install Windows Updates new Duncan 19 May 10 18:15
Latest Forum Posts