Motoring Discussion > Got some parking advice recently ... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: hawkeye Replies: 11

Got some parking advice recently ... - hawkeye
I was parked here, at the kerb facing south with car and trailer while I did some mowing nearby. It's a 30 limit with no parking regulations; out of the corner of my eye I saw a 4x4 towing a livestock trailer travelling north wizz past my car. The trailer lurched as if it had bounced against the kerb and the car stopped suddenly. The driver got out and berated me. I didn't hear the first bit over the noise of the mower but I did stop the engine in time to hear him say that it was a stupid place to park. I replied that visibility was good as you could see down both sides of the obstruction. The other driver said that he thought I should move my car and trailer followed by "better it was moved than there was an accident".

This I interpreted as that I had caught him on a bad day speeding and making an error of judgement by driving his trailer into the kerb, and that if he was passing in his tractor he would run his tyres down the side of my car to make his point.

Although I have been parking in the same spot every fortnight in the summer for 6 years and have seen all manner and sizes of vehicles pass without incident, I decided to move to one of the drives. Ironically that makes visibility poorer for all traffic as I was sideways on to the line of sight.

What do you think?
 Messages Author Date
 Got some parking advice recently ... new hawkeye 14 May 10 08:33
 Got some parking advice recently ... new hawkeye 14 May 10 08:47
 Got some parking advice recently ... new Zero 14 May 10 09:29
 Got some parking advice recently ... new Iffy 14 May 10 09:30
 Got some parking advice recently ... new Fenlander 14 May 10 09:37
 Got some parking advice recently ... new BiggerBadderDave 14 May 10 09:34
 Got some parking advice recently ... new Fenlander 14 May 10 09:38
 Got some parking advice recently ... new hawkeye 14 May 10 19:50
 Got some parking advice recently ... new FotheringtonTomas 14 May 10 11:37
 Got some parking advice recently ... new L'escargot 14 May 10 12:43