Motoring Discussion > Truckfest and being competitive? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Pat Replies: 10

Truckfest and being competitive? - Pat
I was at Truckfest from Saturday morning at 8.30am to Monday evening at 8.30. As usual it was a great show and the work that had gone into cleaning the lorries and 'detailing' them for judging was incredible when you consider most were still working on Friday.
I was there with a Charity stand to raise money and we ( Lorry Drivers) challenged any team of 3 people to a Tug-O-War throughout the weekend:)
The rules were 'flexible' and we managed to get the crowds and all took it in the spirit it was meant.

The Ghurkhas were there and challenged us, they were absolutely brilliant and sooooo small too. They thought we were mad because all the women helped them to win one heat and the crowds loved them too.
But the Army...............??

Their Sergeant volunteered them and understood it was all a bit of fun but the 3 lads stripped off their uniform, flexed their muscles and promptly got beaten 6 times on the trot! They then sulked and refused to turn up for a return heat on Monday because their Sarge got a photo ( posed) to show their mates who beat them.

i100.photobucket.com/albums/m34/Veeeight/Truckfest2010008-1.jpg

The highlight for me was being asked to drive a lorry home and I had a choice of two.

i100.photobucket.com/albums/m34/Veeeight/Truckfest2010003-1.jpg

I chose the one on the left and not having driven a lorry sice September 09 it was wonderful!

But on a more serious note, why did the Army lads not find it possible to be beaten in the spirit of the occasion and all for charity too?

Pat

Moved over to Motoring
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 5 May 10 at 10:18
 Messages Author Date
 Truckfest and being competitive? new Pat 5 May 10 09:15
 Truckfest and being competitive? new Tooslow 5 May 10 09:36
 Truckfest and being competitive? new Pat 5 May 10 10:15
 Truckfest and being competitive? new VxFan 5 May 10 10:19
 Truckfest and being competitive? new Zero 5 May 10 10:24
 Truckfest and being competitive? new Pat 5 May 10 10:42
 Truckfest and being competitive? new Ted 5 May 10 11:54
 Truckfest and being competitive? new Biggles 5 May 10 12:19