Computer Related > Vista and Outlook issue Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dr Prunesqualler Replies: 6

Vista and Outlook issue - Dr Prunesqualler
Morning All,

I have been using Mirosoft Outlook 2002 for ages now with no issues. Suddenly in th elast few days clickable links in emails do not work anymore. Instead of opening up the link I get a box titled 'locate link browser' with the usual list of files etc you get when saving or a opening a file, if you see what I mean.

How can I get my clickable links back?

Thanks
 Vista and Outlook issue - Tooslow
Hi Dr and welcome (you're a new name to me). I've not used Outlook since I retired but I have a recollection that you need to make sure you're opening emails as rich text. I had the same thing happen to me, I'm sure that's the solution. Sorry, but as I don't have Outlook I can't poke around and tell you where to find the settings.

JH
 Vista and Outlook issue - smokie
I remember having this problem years back but I don't recall what fixed it. Have you tried this?

support.microsoft.com/kb/821692
I have had a try at the microsoft solution but eith no luck. It seems to be written for a previous verion of Windows since Vista does not have the function refered to. However, now I know what I am looking for I can try to find the file association function on Vista

Thanks
 Vista and Outlook issue - smokie
Which browser are you using? Have you changed it recently? If IE isn't your default, try setting as default and see what happens.
I use Explorer and Firefox. I have just reloaded Firefox and the problem is resolved. No idea why as Firefox is not the default browser but links in email open in Firefox.

Thanks for the help.
 Vista and Outlook issue - John H
>> I use Explorer and Firefox. I have just reloaded Firefox and the problem is resolved.
>> No idea why as Firefox is not the default browser but links in email open
>> in Firefox.

If you want the file association changed such that html links open in internet explorer, you can do so via either
start:control panel:default programs:associate a file type etc.:choose the file type to change
or
start:control panel:default programs:set your default programs:internet explorer:choose defaults for this program: tick file types to suit your needs.

Latest Forum Posts