Computer Related > BT to offer 300Mbps Internet 2013 Computing Issues
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 4

BT to offer 300Mbps Internet 2013 - Falkirk Bairn
300Mbps, BT Infinity, FTTP................it all makes my blood boil.

BT Make announcements all the time but the fact is the man/woman in our street gets 5Meg.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16870464

I will start to listen when BT get round to even 20Mbs in our street. They spent ages at the cabinet at the foot of our street 2 years ago about fibre and nothing happened.

20 yds from my house, on the main road, there has been a fibre cable for about 10 years - not BT but THUS (taken over by ????) that links the council and other local businesses.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 4 Feb 12 at 15:59
 BT to offer 300Mbps Internet 2013 - L'escargot
We'd just be pleased to get mains gas, a bus service, and a pavement. We've only just got mains drainage ~ connecting to it at our expense, of course. For us, 300 Mbps broadband would be completely OTT.
Last edited by: L'escargot on Sat 4 Feb 12 at 11:03
 BT to offer 300Mbps Internet 2013 - L'escargot
>> We've only just got mains drainage ..........

Oops. Should have said mains sewerage.
 BT to offer 300Mbps Internet 2013 - smokie
Glad to see Virgin are doubling speeds for free this year. Not sure what I'll do with a 60 meg connection - may call Virgin and lower my package to save money as I can;t see the extra speed being of much use to me, and I download quite a bit.
 BT to offer 300Mbps Internet 2013 - zippy
Blame the Tory Govt. for the delay in the roll out of FTTH.

In the 80's the GPO wanted to lay fiber optic cables across the country but were banned from doing so as it was felt that the newly formed BT would be unfair competition to the fledgling cable companies at the time.

Latest Forum Posts