Computer Related > How Can I Get Rid Of IE9 & Revert To IE 7? Computing Issues
Thread Author: Robbie34 Replies: 12

How Can I Get Rid Of IE9 & Revert To IE 7? - Robbie34
I have just "upgraded" to IE9 and I can't stand it. The worst thing is that it won't allow me to upload images to Photobucket. Favourites are on the right and it's not possible to move them to the left permanently. I assume the problem with Photobucket is to do with pop-ups, but there doesn't seem to be any way of allowing pop-ups from some sites.

I have looked for IE9 in Control Panel but it's not there so I can't delete it.

Can anyone offer help, please?
 How Can I Get Rid Of IE9 & Revert To IE 7? - Iffy
...Can anyone offer help, please?...

My understanding is Explorer is embedded in the operating system which is why there's no option to delete it.

For the same reason, I doubt you will be able to revert to a previous Explorer.

Have you tried upgrading to 10?

That might be better.

How Can I Get Rid Of IE9 & Revert To IE 7? - rtj70
Since IE9 was an upgrade, can you not uninstall it via Control Panel? I've not tried this myself as I've not upgraded to IE9.

If that doesn't work, can you find a system restore point that was created before you installed IE9?
 How Can I Get Rid Of IE9 & Revert To IE 7? - Zero
IE9 was supplied as a fix, its in the windows update folder.
Firstly you dont want to revert to IE7, its unsupported and does not get any security holes patched.

I have no problem uploading photos to photobucket, exactly how does it fail?

There are numerous other browsers you can use, chrome for example.
>> Firstly you dont want to revert to IE7, its unsupported and does not get any
>> security holes patched.
>>
>> I have no problem uploading photos to photobucket, exactly how does it fail?

When I click "Upload" nothing happens. Normally I get a pop-up with a list of files on my PC from where I can upload. I tried with Firefox and no problem.

I don't like Firefox because of the way Favourites are set out.
What happens with mine is

I click upload, and I get transferred to another web page (not a popup) and then when I click on the "select photos and videos" button I get a PC window open to select files.

What part of that fails on yours

Firefox or IE are not the only browsers.

There is

chrome, opera, firefox, safari, IE, K-Meleon to name but 6
 How Can I Get Rid Of IE9 & Revert To IE 7? - ....
Control Panel --> Windows Update --> View Update History (left hand menu or main panel) --> Installed Updates
Scroll down until you see "Windows Internet Explorer9" highlight it, Uninstall should appear at the top next to Organize and View.
Last edited by: gmac on Mon 5 Dec 11 at 17:32
 How Can I Get Rid Of IE9 & Revert To IE 7? - Pat
That's how I got rid of it and it reverts back to IE8 with the favourites where they should be!

Pat
No>> That's how I got rid of it and it reverts back to IE8 with the
>> favourites where they should be!
>>
>> Pat

Thats for people who cant cope with cruise control...
Thanks, back to normal again.

Why don't Microsoft allow you to customise their products? I hate having Favourites on the right.

Zero, just realised it's possible that it opened another tab on Photobucket, but normally the page just appears. Perhaps in IE9 I should have clicked a tab above to open it. Anyway, back to my previous version that I'm comfortable with.

Thanks everyone for your assistance, I'm very grateful. I've also had a problem logging onto HSBC Internet Banking and not sure if it's the site or IE9.
I really really wouldn't do internet banking on IE7!!!!! Full of holes!
 How Can I Get Rid Of IE9 & Revert To IE 7? - missyMe
I personally would change to Chrome - download here: www.google.com/chrome

I've tried Opera, Safari, IE, Firefox and Chrome and found personally Chrome to be the fastest, most reliable browser at the moment. Stephen likes Safari - they're very similar but Safari has a separate google search window in the top right whereas Chrome you just type your search straight into the url address window at the top of the browser.
Latest Forum Posts