Computer Related > webby questions Miscellaneous
Thread Author: borasport Replies: 12

webby questions - borasport
In the past, if I had a web design or hosting question, I'd have posted on the forums on the .net magazine website. Unless I'm exceptionally stupid, they seem to have disappeared, or replaced by some form of communication that I haven't quite grasped yet

Where (other than the fountain of all knowledge, of course) would one go to look for such assistance these days ?

webby questions - devonite
Zero! (or is he what you mean by the F.O.A.K? ;-) )
actually, I meant this place as a whole .....
 webby questions - Zero
when you say "this place" do you mean "this place in particular" or the"the whole place in general"

If you mean in general I would type some pertinent words from your query into your search engine of choice, and look at the sites that brings up.

If you mean on here, fire away.
For the avoidance of doubt and so you can all sleep easily tonight, let me clarify that Car4Play is the fount of all knowledge, or, at the very least, the FoAK of first resort.

Now if someone has a definitive answer as to how I get the obstinate moron on my ISP's support team to do what I want him to do but he says Nominet won't allow him to do, despite the copious correspondence from Nominet telling him he is wrong, I'd be very happy
Last edited by: borasport on Fri 2 Dec 11 at 15:55
 webby questions - Zero
the usual answer to this one is to go the accounts department and ask for the MAC code, because you are leaving. They will ask why, you tell, and usually you get someone come back to you who can resolve your problem.
Indeed, but in this case as I will be leaving for another ISP, but i'm not ready to migrate stuff, it would be a bit premature
 webby questions - Zero
so what are you trying to do that your ISP cant make happen?
I'll let you know.......

once it's sorted :-)
 webby questions - Zero
So you dont actually have a question then after all that!

I'll send your name to Clarkson.
 webby questions - rtj70
So why ask where you should ask web related questions but then you don't actually have a question you want to ask? I am sure there's a few on here that could help.
The question I didn't have was how to stop a whois lookup of my domain showing my home address - now sorted, but no particular thanks to my ISP/Registrar, who obviously weren't reading the emails I sent them in any detail.
Nominet, on the other hand, were very helpful and very responsive

>> So you dont actually have a question then after all that!

I do actually, but one that at the moment it would not be wise to air in public

>> I'll send your name to Clarkson.
If it make you feel better................
Latest Forum Posts