Computer Related > batch / ftp files Miscellaneous
Thread Author: borasport Replies: 6

batch / ftp files - borasport
A system I'm working on has a number of DOS type batch files that execute some FTP commands - there are quite a few of them, and they are set up in the windows scheduler to run every five minutes

It's as while since i've looked at this sort of thing, but there must be some way of getting them to run in the background - it's realy annoying to try and get something done and have these tasks take over the screen every minute or so
 batch / ftp files - ....
@echo off at the start of the batch file ?
 batch / ftp files - rtj70
I am assuming the scheduled task open a command prompt and it is this that is intrusive. Hence why an @echo off in the scripts will make no difference.
 batch / ftp files - ....
There are a couple of options:
@echo off
start /b file.bat

or,

look at Windows Script Host:
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/d5fk67ky.aspx
Last edited by: gmac on Thu 20 Oct 11 at 20:25
 batch / ftp files - rtj70
There's plenty of options - need to have a better understanding of the problem.

No point suggesting anything with the level of details provided.
 batch / ftp files - borasport
Windows scheduler executes a number of batch files every five minutes

IIRC, and I can't check at the moment, there is no 'interaction', but the batch files simply execute some FTP commands - logging on to the ftp server, putting and getting files etc, then log out again - this can take a short while if there are many files or large files to be moved.

The real danger is that one might be in the middle of doing something important when one of these windows pops up, and they are a distraction, so I'd rather not have them pop up at all
anything else I can add ?
 batch / ftp files - Focusless
How about something like this:
download.cnet.com/Bat-To-Exe-Converter/3000-2069_4-10555897.html
Latest Forum Posts