Computer Related > pipex probs? Computing Issues
Thread Author: devonite Replies: 19

pipex probs? - devonite
Does any body on here use Pipex for their internet? if so are you having any connection problems?
After a bit of a "Squall" last night, i`ve had three friends ring up saying their internet is down, they all use Netgear routers and Pipex, bit of a coincidence!! two are wireless connections ans one is Lan, unfortunately, i dont have anyone on Pipex with a different make of router to eliminate the Netgear!

Any one (i think someone mentioned a few threads ago they went through 8 numbers) got a straight through number to either Opal/ Pipex customer services please.

Thanks!
 pipex probs? - Pat
My Tiscali was down for about an hour at 4am today despite there being nothing on the service status page.

Pat
Last edited by: pda on Wed 19 Oct 11 at 18:32
 pipex probs? - VxFan
I've just got a problem with my pipex emails the moment. The email address they gave me umpteen years ago when I first signed up with them no longer works. I can still send emails from the address, but get an error if I try sending an email to the pipex address from a different account.

Got a snotty letter from them asking me to change my email for online billing as it was no longer working and they would start to charge me £1.90 a month if they had to resort to paper billing again.

When I pointed out it was the one they originally gave me, they just said that it's because of the migration over to Talk Talk that's causing the problem.

Up until Talk Talk appeared on the scene, Pipex were a good ISP.
 pipex probs? - Victorbox
>> Got a snotty letter from them asking me to change my email for online billing
>> as it was no longer working and they would start to charge me £1.90 a
>> month if they had to resort to paper billing again.

.... and when you update your e-mail on the Pipex website following their instructions, it takes days for the change you typed in to actually show. As you get nearer the threatened date they will bill you for paper billing you start to think this is some Talk Talk scam to start charging you extra! Eventually the new e-mail address shows.
 pipex probs? - VxFan
>> .... and when you update your e-mail on the Pipex website ....

Fortunately I got it updated with a phone call.
 pipex probs? - Victorbox
>> Fortunately I got it updated with a phone call.
>>

Their contact 'phone number is suspiciously missing from anywhere on the letter asking you to update your e-mail or be charged!!
 pipex probs? - VxFan
Yep, I noticed that too. Seems they prefer to do all communication by email.

As the email address they gave me doesn't work anymore, that wasn't possible though ;o)

Didn't take many seconds to find the number on Pipex's website.
 pipex probs? - swiss tony
For the last few months I have had issues with my Pipex connection.
Its been dropping, reconnecting then often dropping again.
I have tried different modem/routers, with no effect.

I have now (hopefully) cured the problems.
I now have BT Infinity.
 pipex probs? - devonite
Thanks folks,
i`ve managed to have an online chat with one of their "agents" who told me i was on a business site, and as it was different to home internet couldn`t tell me if there were any problems. He did however give me a customer services no so i could get in touch. I passed this on to the "affected", and will find out tomorrow if they have managed to reconnect!

cheers all!
 pipex probs? - Pat
I've had the same problem with emails since moving over oficially to Talk Talk from Tiscali.

Random emails are not being downloaded into Outlook Express.

There is no pattern to it at all. I thought it may be just emails received from Iphones but this isn't so.
I had an email on my Tiscali webmail that didn't come to OE, so I asked the person to re-send it using the same details and the second one did download.

Bizarely, any emails from Tiscali/Talk Talk about my billl being ready to view online won't download at all.

I'm having to remember to check Tiscali webmail daily now.

Pat
 pipex probs? - Zero
Pat, treid to explain this before, but here goes.

You can only have one email session open with Tiscali at a time.

So for example if you have a session with your Iphone, outlook and webmail wont work.

If you have an outlook session, Iphone and webmail wont work.

The symptom on Iphone are "wrong password" and webmail says "empty inbox"

Its made worse because after you finish a mail session, it seems the tiscali servers hold your session open for a while, even tho you think they are closed and you have to wait for 10 minutes. If however all your various email readers (iphone / outlook) are sent to grab mail at set times, they all end up fighting and locking you out!
 pipex probs? - Pat
I don't use an Iphone at all so it's just OE and Tiscali webmail.

I don't quite understand though:)

I discovered this about a month ago and went into my webmail to look for a couple of emails that I'd been assured had been sent to me.
I found 37 unopened emails dating back to the beginning of July.

The way I do it now is go in and check every couple of days and while OE is open, I forward any emails I want that have got stuck there, to my OE Inbox using my tiscali email.....I can hear the 'ping' as these are recieved before I log out of webmail!

I signed on for the Tiscali forums and apparently I'm one of many having this problem.

Pat
 pipex probs? - VxFan
>> Any one (i think someone mentioned a few threads ago they went through 8 numbers)
>> got a straight through number to either Opal/ Pipex customer services please.

Missed this part of your question last time round.

On both occasions that I've recently had to phone Pipex (to discuss an increase in ISP charges and email problems) I called them on the "contact us" number on their website - that being 0870 663 3300.

Press 1 to speak to someone unhelpful
Press 2 to speak to someone who will redirect your query elsewhere
Press 3 to speak to someone who couldn't give a toss
Press 4 if you like our on hold music and would like to listen to it some more
etc etc

EDIT - it's no good trying to find an 0800 or landline number via saynoto0870 as all the numbers given are for the business side of Pipex, not the residential side and they will tell you to call the 0870 number.
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 20 Oct 11 at 21:01
 "pipex probs? - devonite
One of friends got through on the no that Pipex business gave me yesterday, but it was wrong apparently! and he got transfered to another "Agent". This agent "walked" him through a couple of things, then said his router had gone duff. He asked me to see if i could reset it for him, and all at his end appeared ok, computer connected to router, but no internet connection. So, i rang them and went through the same process, no joy, so i was begining to believe them that the router had gone down. Friend was going to get one in town tomorrow. About an hour after i got home he rang me to say his internet was mysteriously connected again! - i bet the other two have reconnected themselves as well!
Someone somewhere is "avin a larf" !!
 "pipex probs? - VxFan
O2 were like that. I had SMS problems, but only in a certain area of Oxfordshire. "It'll be the SIM card at fault" was their answer "we'll send you a new one". "Eeer, hang on a minute, I'm not the only one having problems so how can it be the SIM card" says I.

Next day everything is working normally again, after having problems for nearly 2 weeks.

In the meantime a new SIM dropped through the letter box. I phone them again and they admit there was a fault at one of their transmitters.
 "pipex probs? - rtj70
I love it when someone tries to screw a cheap price/deal out of an ISP and it goes wrong. You pay for what you get I suppose.
 "pipex probs? - VxFan
Up until Talk Talk came on the scene, I've been 99.9% happy with Pipex.

Time will tell. I just hope they're not all Talk (pardon the pun)
 "pipex probs? - Pat
I'd been with Tiscali for around 10 years and had no problems whatsoever with them until Talk Talk took over.

I decided to move to BT and rang and told them to disconnect me. They offered me a deal that was over £10 less per month to stay with them.
I accepted...now it's up to Talk Talk to keep to the deal I accepted.

Like VX, I think time will tell, but for £120 per year it's well worth giving them a chance. BT will still be there at the end of the year.

Pat
 "pipex probs? - Victorbox
>> Time will tell. I just hope they're not all Talk (pardon the pun)

Unfortunately Talk Talk seem to get the worst customer service reviews of all the providers!!
 "pipex probs? - swiss tony
>> >> Time will tell. I just hope they're not all Talk (pardon the pun)
>>
>> Unfortunately Talk Talk seem to get the worst customer service reviews of all the providers!!
>>
Exactly the reason I decided to get away from them.
Lately the service has been awful too.

Glad to be away from then!
Latest Forum Posts