Computer Related > Netbook keyboard with touchpad recommendations Computing Issues
Thread Author: .... Replies: 7

Netbook keyboard with touchpad recommendations - ....
I'm currently using a netbook hooked up to the TV and wondered if anyone can recommend a good wireless or bluetooth keyboard.

I would like an integrated touchpad rather than a separate mouse and batteries. I was thinking along the lines of a Logitech K400. Only possible snag I can see with this is it operates on 2.4GHz together with just about every other wireless device which is why I mentioned also the option of Bluetooth.

Use will only be leisure, it's not intended as an 8 hours a day work setup.

Any suggestions/opinions on keyboards welcome.
 Netbook keyboard with touchpad recommendations - Zero
How far away are you planning to operate the keyboard?

usually the 2.4 ghz thing is not an issue as the keyboard and dongle are quite close.
Within 20-25ft. The same room.
That room is concentrated with the wireless phone and wireless router too.
 Netbook keyboard with touchpad recommendations - Zero
You should be ok, dont forget bluetooth is 2.4 ghz as well.
Yeah, I realise Bluetooth and WiFi can and do interfere with each other just thought maybe with them occupying different spectrums within the range if anyone had created an intelligent bluetooth to hop away from the crowded DSSS used by Wi-Fi
 Netbook keyboard with touchpad recommendations - smokie
I have one like this for use with a PC attached to my telly. Really like it, the whole family got sued to it quickly.

www.ebuyer.com/product/120906

Shame it's been discontinued...

I have a fair number of wireless evices around the house and haven;t had problems (yet)
Too late, looks like they've sold out.

The Trust Thinity was another keyboard I'd looked at. Downside is I already have a battery charger and a 5 and 3 year old running around the place so a bit reluctant to spend too much for now. Give it another 20 years or so when they've up and left and I might feel like spending a bit more.
Today my 5 year old managed to knock my Netbook off the table and burst the case open. Seemed like a perfect opportunity to upgrade the RAM after checking the machine still works.

The big man does indeed work in mysterious ways.
To close off I went ahead and bought the K400. Not too small, straight forward install and works perfectly for what I need.
Just don't buy one if you need to use Alt and numeric keypad ASCII key combos, you can't.
Latest Forum Posts