Computer Related > Firefox Security Patch Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 10

Firefox Security Patch - R.P.
The German Government has identified a security issue with Firefox 3.6.1 and a patch has been released to day.....I had to "request" and update to get it i.e. it didn't download automatically...
 Firefox Security Patch - Statistical Outlier
Interesting, 3.6.2 updated automatically as I ran Firefox today. Worth doing manually if not though.
 Firefox Security Patch - Telb
Yep, 3.6.2 updated automatically here yesterday.
 Firefox Security Patch - Bellboy
just updated here automatically
maybe it wont if you use internet explorer as your first user
 Firefox Security Patch - ....
>> The German Government has identified a security issue with Firefox 3.6.1 and a patch has
>> been released to day.....
>>

It must be nice to have completed all their work and have time to lend resource to the IT industry to test web browsers. IE last month, Firefox this, Opera next ?
 Firefox Security Patch - bathtub tom
I wouldn't have known about this if it wasn't for this site.

I went to check which version of Firefox I've got and saw the 'apply downloaded update now' message. I'm surprised there isn't a flag to let me know, I could go for ages without re-starting my browser.
Same here Tom - I just hibernate my computers generally//
 Firefox Security Patch - rtj70
And the Mac will cleverly sleep and then write content to disk (hibernate). Default is this way on Mac laptops. My iMac does this now too but is not the default config.
Mine does that.
 Firefox Security Patch - rtj70
Yours is an Apple laptop and should do this. Mine is an Apple iMac desktop and doesn't by default. I changed the shutdown/sleep config.
 Firefox Security Patch - Stuartli
If you have Belarc Advisor installed on your system, you will note that all Microsoft security standards for IE, OE and the operating system have to match US Government requirements to receive the full 10 out of 10 mark..:-)

But the Americans have always been paranoid about security...
Latest Forum Posts