Computer Related > Folder size mystery. XP Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Aretas Replies: 8

Folder size mystery. XP - Aretas
I have a folder which would seem to have nothing in it. I have viewed it after allowing "Show hidden files and folder" and "Display the contents of system folders". Recycle bin has been emptied.

However, the folder shows a file size of 1.7 MB. Any idea what it could contain? Or how I can see what it contains?

This is for my general education only. The folder used to contain documents which I have deleted, and I would expect it to have a zero size. If this request for advice does not reveal anything I will just delete it.

Thanks
 Folder size mystery. XP - Bellboy
just go for it
go on do it
make my day
punk
;-)
Don't have any problem with deleting it, BB. Just interested why it is doing what it is. Having learnt today how the mass of an atom is determined I want to continue my education before getting frightened by Marchlands in 90 mins time.
 Folder size mystery. XP - John H
and the name of this mystery folder is ... ?

I can't see the relevance of knowing the name. The folder used to contain several PowerPoint presentations and is called "France"
 Folder size mystery. XP - John H
>> I can't see the relevance of knowing the name. The folder used to contain several
>> PowerPoint presentations and is called "France"
>>

How are we know that if you don't tell us? For all we knew, you might have been talking about a system folder.

At least that confirms that it is not one affected by "Show hidden files and folder" and "Display the contents of system folders".

I don't think I want to help anymore.

Last edited by: John H on Thu 3 Mar 11 at 19:41
 Folder size mystery. XP - Hard Cheese

In addition to checking "Show hidden files and folder" uncheck "Hide protected operating system files ...".

Thanks, Cheddar. Forgot that one. Thumbs.db is the hidden file.
 Folder size mystery. XP - Hard Cheese

Delete it, it is left after you deleted some images no doubt.

Latest Forum Posts