Computer Related > Image rotation - quick fix ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: borasport Replies: 9

Image rotation - quick fix ? - borasport
I took somewhere in the region of 200 photographs at the weekend, and I reckon some 60% of them were taken in 'portrait' mode, i.e. with the camera held at 90' to horizontal.

I used to have a copy of paintshop pro and I know I could do a batch rotation on multiple images, but I don't have it any more - does anybody know of any utility that will allow me to select 120+ images and automatically rotate them ? If not, I'll have to see if big sister still has the PSP discs I passed on to her

Image rotation - quick fix ? - rtj70
You don't say which operating system. But doesn't Windows let you rotate images? Just select them and right click and then say rotate.
 Image rotation - quick fix ? - borasport
Well, there's something I didn't know

Cheers, Rob, just the ticket
 Image rotation - quick fix ? - Statistical Outlier
In the future, if you import them using Windows Fax and Picture or something like Picasa then almost all cameras include orientation information in the picture tags, and these will use those to pre-rotate them for you. I think.
 Image rotation - quick fix ? - Soupytwist
I use Irfanview for this sort of thing - www.irfanview.com/

It's a great piece of free software that can open pretty much any image file format. If you install the plugins as well you get the 'Thumbnails' functionality which allows you to display thumbnails, select which ones you want to change and then batch edit them to rotate, resize etc.
 Image rotation - quick fix ? - Stuartli
I've used Irfanview for many years and second the recommendation, although I also find Picasa excellent.
 Image rotation - quick fix ? - spamcan61
I've switched from Irfanview to Picasa recently for general image editing, but still use the 'thumbnails' part of Irfanview as it does lossless JPG rotation and it is nice and easy to do it on multiple images simultaneously.
 Image rotation - quick fix ? - rtj70
>> lossless JPG rotation

As does Windows itself by right clicking on an image or images. All that happens is the meta-data in the image is edited to say 'rotated'. So the image itself is not altered.
 Image rotation - quick fix ? - spamcan61
>> >> lossless JPG rotation
>>
>> As does Windows itself by right clicking on an image or images. All that happens
>> is the meta-data in the image is edited to say 'rotated'. So the image itself
>> is not altered.
>>

Ah right thanks, I did wonder if that was the case.
 Image rotation - quick fix ? - Iffy
On an AppleMac you can rotate an image by making a twisting motion with your fingers on the trackpad.

They sound like good computers, perhaps I should think about buying one. :)

Latest Forum Posts