Computer Related > FAT question Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 7

FAT question - R.P.
Need to do a firmware update on my Toshiba TV to cure a known problem - The instructions tell me that I need a pen drive to download the stuff from t'internet but Toshiba specify a FAT16 partition.

Two questions how can I tell if it is a FAT16 and if all my drives are FAT32 can I alter them ?

Ta in Anticipation.
 FAT question - ....
Pop it in your machine, open Explorer (Windows button + E), right click on the drive and select Properties from the menu.

File system tells you the format. FAT is 16 by default (BUT someone could have changed the allocation unit size when it was formatted), FAT32 is ermm 32 by default.

Nothing appears to tell you the allocation unit size.

Only sure way is to backup the content of the drive then reformat it, selecting File system FAT and allocation unit size 16kb.
 FAT question - R.P.
Thanks for the plain English ! Should be sortable - problem with the telly is a common one apparently, sometimes it won't fire up from stand-by. The other problem is a also a known fault some audio echo on HDMI components - that's a call to Toshiba to solve an maybe a new telly (:-) )
 FAT question - ....
Hmmm now you mention it.
We bought a Toshiba Regza about 6 months ago. It does appear quite slow to respond to the power on button. Hadn't really given it much thought until you mentioned it.
 FAT question - R.P.
www.dl.toshiba.com/GB/EN/download/20000012/10MDL_ER_002_T.html?m=42RV635D&s=NA

www.home-entertainment.toshiba.co.uk/Press/Press/LCD-TV-News/hdmi-alert/

Tells you more. Funny what you can find on the internet when you can't sleep.
 FAT question - ....
Thanks for that.

We have the same model, different size.
 FAT question - ....
It might not be obvious (as the date is different), when following the distructions for the download.
Either extract straight to the USB stick (this does work) or, if you extract to your harddrive then copy over you need to take the folder AND the *.prg file in my case it was eutv9as4.prg.
 FAT question - R.P.
I was going to go to USB direct once I'd had its fatness sorted...thanks again,
Latest Forum Posts