Computer Related > PC World warranty Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 6

PC World warranty - smokie
It could be any company I suppose, but daughter has just taken out extended warranty on her laptop for nearly £8 a month, now that she is living too far for me to be her Mr Fixit.

Sure enough, this weekend her computer is playing up - typical symptoms of overheating, either dirt on fan or faulty fan I'd say.

She's been into PC World who are going to collect it on Friday then return it within 7 - 10 days. That seems like a long time to me for what's probably a simple repair. (Could be that she isn't able to release it before Friday, even so 7 - 10 days seems quite a while...)
 PC World warranty - Tooslow
True but their convenience is more important than yours I'm afraid. It will sit on a shelf waiting it's turn. She can't take it in and wait while it's done I suppose?

John
 PC World warranty - RattleandSmoke
I am not sure how it works at PCWORLD but I am guessing it will just be shipped to DSGis repair centre.

For £8 a month she would have been better saving it and then using it for any repairs if needed.
 PC World warranty - smokie
Turned out they could have collected Tuesday but she's working. Not able to take it in and wait. She is just buying a house Rats so it suits her to budget monthly - the laptop is v high spec so could cost quite a bit if it went wrong.
 PC World warranty - Stuartli
Just glad it's not my laptop that's going to this particular organisation...:-))
 PC World warranty - RattleandSmoke
When I worked at Currys I had an argument with the boss once as every time we had a computer returned due to crashing they simply did what they called reimaging. That is essentialty using the manufacturers recovery CDs and putting back to factory state data loss included.

If they returned it again with the same fault it would be sent of for repair.

PC World warranty - L'escargot
>> I am not sure how it works at PCWORLD but I am guessing it will
>> just be shipped to DSGis repair centre.

I've had repairs done at PC World and they were done on the premises. The technicians were available to the public to discuss problems.
Latest Forum Posts