Computer Related > Bluetooth Headset Issue Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bromptonaut Replies: 12

Bluetooth Headset Issue - Bromptonaut
I have a lightweight bluetooth headset I use for, amongst other things, work calls.

Been fine in previous roles using various mobiles and a Horizon softphone (shudder) but I cannot get it to work in my current role.

We use a tool called Connect. I don't know if it's commercial or something proprietary to CA but it's a sort of softphone plus it provides management reports, allows users to set statuses etc. I cannot find anything in the settings for how it handles audio input/output and it seems to follow whats set in Windows 'Control Panel'.

When I try and use my headset, Mairdi M800, in calls the microphone works but I can't hear the caller. When I use it for other purposes - video calls with staff or listening to my own calls for training it's fine.

If I change over to my ancient wired headset that's fine.

Does anyone have any ideas?
 Bluetooth Headset Issue - Falkirk Bairn
Delete the headset on the PC
Then discover the headset.
Can't do any harm

Re-start the PC

Many computer issues solved by deletion, new drivers etc
Big Red Button solves lots of issues
 Bluetooth Headset Issue - Zero
I would assume that, being a works lap top, stuff like device drivers is buttoned down,

As the mic works, blutooth is working and connected. Is there a sound control panel? might be a separate slider.

Edit, mic might be working but it might not be the headset one. If the lappy has camera, it could be the mic for that thats working.

So cancel all that crap about Blutooth deffo working.
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 22 Aug 24 at 14:37
Thanks for the comments so far guys. Was still playing up yesterday.

I keep going into the 'Control Panel' and checking I've got the right inputs/outputs selected, and changing them back to the wired headset after 'no joy' attempts with wireless. Under some circs going into video can cause the Logi camera on my screen to be selected but I don't think that's the issue here as we only use the audio only Connect 'app' with clients.

As to proving what works I can hear the ping when moving the sound slider and a microphone test produces an acceptable result.

Was supposed to be away in the 'van this weekend but we had a 'Houston' moment yesterday where the bed supports broke with collateral damage to the frame after Mrs B put her knee on it.

Elddis bed supports are made of cheese; this is at least the 4th breakage. Will be spending time/effort on fixing that but will have time to devote to a more structured appraisal of this issue. I'll include disconnecting the Logi camera while I do that.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Fri 23 Aug 24 at 09:59
 Bluetooth Headset Issue - smokie
I expect you've looked already, but if you go to System/Sound you should see all your sound devices, so you should see your headset there. You can choose your default.

There's also further settings under System/Sound/Volume Mixer and System/sound/All sound devices (under the Advanced heading). There you have even more controls.

ISTR if your default sound devices is muted then all others might be too. So I guess if that's what you've done try turning the volume right down on your speakers rather than muting. Might work...
Tried suggestions, repeated deletions, re-pairing and laptop restarts to no avail.

Mrs B's Bluetooth headset has same result; microphone works but no inbound audio.

See what the IT guy(s) say on Tuesday.
Seems to be a Connect issue, ie one with the App, as I'm getting same symptoms if I log in from a different PC.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Fri 23 Aug 24 at 16:36

>> Was supposed to be away in the 'van this weekend but we had a 'Houston'
>> moment yesterday where the bed supports broke with collateral damage to the frame after Mrs
>> B put her knee on it.
>>
>> Elddis bed supports are made of cheese; this is at least the 4th breakage.

BC owners report same, TBF I have never had the issue. Looks like we both had no van away weekends.
>> BC owners report same, TBF I have never had the issue. Looks like we both
>> had no van away weekends.

You got 'van problems too?

>> You got 'van problems too?

No, Tug problems. The beemer has collapsed air suspension,

Should have been at tewkesbury CAMC, wed to tue.
Ahh gotcha.

We should have been at Wyatt's Covert CAMC.

Maybe next weekend if enough of the stuff I ordered is in place and does the job.
 Bluetooth Headset Issue - Falkirk Bairn
How did the Headset saga end?
Got a guy from Citizens Advice IT on my PC who found the headset had two 'profiles' (not sure of the correct technical term) only one of which was offered full functionality with the softphone call handling package.

Casting my mind back I think there was a similar issue with the headset and Horizon softphone used in a previous role.
Latest Forum Posts