Computer Related > Which browser? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 3

Which browser? - smokie
I used to use Chrome but went to Edge I think when Windows 11 came out, as I felt the browser which came with the OS might be better. Chrome itself had also got a bit bloated.

So I've just had reason to clear down cookies - I thought just on one site but it has cleared the lot, and every site I visit now (incl here) asks me for my username/password every time, which I find massively inconvenient.

I'm thinking I'll go back to Chrome but does anyone have a better suggestion? I have got Epic installed but that didn't seem quite as good as Edge for day to day usage. I'm not that bothered about syncing across devices but I'm a big user of tabs.

EDIT: Also sites are asking me every time if I want to save cookies and I am answering yes.
Last edited by: smokie on Fri 2 Aug 24 at 18:51
 Which browser? - Zero
On the mac I use Chrome and safari. (different profiles), on the phone its exclusively Chrome, on the Windows PC is chrome and edge. Chrome synchs all my stuff across platforms which I find quite useful. Edge I like on the windows PC.
 Which browser? - Bromptonaut
Chrome which matches/syncs seamlessly between personal PC & laptop and having my personal profile on work laptop and vv.

Phone and tablet don't show same willingness to synch but good enough for using tablet to browse at the breakfast table in hotels etc.
 Which browser? - smokie
Thanks. I just re-looked at settings and somehow (maybe my fat fingers but I think not) the Delete Cookies on Exit had been set.

So Edge might live to fight another day but I think I will maybe migrate back to Chrome on the desktop as it's what I use on the phone too.
Latest Forum Posts