Computer Related > Mobile phones Miscellaneous
Thread Author: maltrap Replies: 3

Mobile phones - maltrap
I’m thinking of getting a smart phone (again) Tesco mobile do a Motorola E13 for about £70, with a Lebara sim £159 pcm for 6 months via MSE.Would this be a good starter,smart phone.Any recommendations or otherwise.My existing dumb phone is a Doro PAYG.Q
 Mobile phone - Stroudie
I got my wife a Moto E13 as I did not know if she would cope.
She did.
£69.99 from Argos.
She is on Asda (Vodafone) for £5/mth and 3GB data. Unlimited calls and SMS.
Plenty for her. You can change the plan each month if you want more data or buy add-ons.
It is a month by month contract.
Works OK for her, with big battery, and 64GB memory.
Only has slow charging, but we plug it in O/N.
Hasn't burned the house down yet.
We are happy with it.
I have a Moto G8 Power on Smarty.
I pay £6/mth for 6GB.
Again there is no contract, you pay monthly in advance and can switch auto renew on or off, and change how much data you want.

Mobile phone - Bromptonaut
Becuase Plusnet have stopped doing a mobile service I moved over to a really cheap deal with Lyca. No contract and around £7/month for unlimited calls/texts and a ton of data. Kept the number I was issued when I got my forst phone from Orange in 1996.

Only problem after two months is that calls outwith the bundled range of numbers need cash credit on the account.

I was in London last Friday staying in a Travelodge and needed to check something. Their calls are on a service costing (say) 13p/minute. I had to log into my account and add credit to do that. Having been on a contract for 28 years that was a bit of a surprise.
 Mobile phones - Bromptonaut
If you don't want all singing all dancing gaming etc, just a phone for calls and texts/data with a camera then the Moto E should be fine.

Mrs B and I, and our son after the clot left his almost new Pixel in a taxi, all have variations on the Moto G and they're fine.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Fri 21 Jun 24 at 14:49
Latest Forum Posts