Computer Related > laptop suddenly died Miscellaneous
Thread Author: borasport Replies: 9

laptop suddenly died - borasport
Toshiba Satellite Pro L40, no response when turned on i.e. no lights at all.
If had the fuse out of the plug on the power supply and it is not that

any ideas ?
 laptop suddenly died - R.P.
Any volts coming out of the supply end of the power supply lead ?

The power supply socket failed on my much abused Gateway - cost me 70 notes to fix it.
I'll check that later - time to go quizzing now.

Laptop currently charging on swmbo's power supply
 laptop suddenly died - RattleandSmoke

Remove the battery, a faulty batter sometimes cuts of the PSU in order to avoid a fire.

laptop suddenly died - Bellboy
i bet theres lots of dodgy computer repairers tell customers they are beyond economical repair but they can dispose of the laptop for them under the wee convention at no charge only for them to reappear on sundays boot salewith a new battery
;-)
 laptop suddenly died - RattleandSmoke
Never even thought of that. I also never take old computers away they cost far too much to get rid off.

laptop suddenly died - Runfer D'Hills
The propensity to improve profits occurs when preparation of script meets opportunity to confuse the customer Rattle ! Not that you would of course, only kidding !
 laptop suddenly died - Dog
>>i bet theres lots of dodgy computer repairers tell customers they are beyond economical repair<<

I've known a fair few cars deemed beyond economical repair only to miraculously be repaired, taxed & mot'd.
Don't suppose that can happen though these days.
The battery is brand new, genuine toshiba replacement (*), delivered, charged and drained yesterday afternoon - it is after plugging it in to recharge the drained battery that the power supply blew. The laptop istelf is fine and will run off other power supplies

(* - at a cost of £100, but the boss was insistent it was only worth buying genuine toyota batteries !!)
 laptop suddenly died - J Bonington Jagworth
Well, if you will put a Toyota battery in a Toshiba.. :-)

Does the battery have any 'health' LED's?
Last edited by: J Bonington Jagworth on Mon 11 Oct 10 at 10:51
Latest Forum Posts