Computer Related > WiFi issues with mobile Computing Issues
Thread Author: sooty123 Replies: 9

WiFi issues with mobile - sooty123
I've got a Huawei y5 mobile, over the last couple of days when I've switched the phone over to wifi, the phone freezes/slows right down. For example, can't scroll on the screen, can't get the keyboard to pop up if wanting to type anything out. Sometimes the screen locks and then resets itself. Software on the phone is up to date.

I've tried it on the work WiFi and it's the same as home WiFi.
 WiFi issues with mobile - Zero
Likely one of the updates has screwed it. Back up you stuff, reset the phone to factory state. Like PCs it's one of these things that needs to be done from time to time
 WiFi issues with mobile - No FM2R
The trouble is that it could be so many different things.

I agree with Zero, back it up, restore it to factory settings, let it go back through the updates and then put your own data and apps back on it.
 WiFi issues with mobile - sooty123
Thanks for the advice, before I'd had chance to look on here, I tried turning it off leaving it for an hour or so then turning it back on.
This morning reconnected it up WiFi and seems to be back to normal. Strange.
 WiFi issues with mobile - smokie
Weird things, phones. SWMBO had a Xiaomi something which would not stay connected to a specific WiFi repeater in our house. It was continually connecting, trying to get an IP address , disconnecting - killing the battery life.

It would connect to all the others. I moved the repeaters around but still no good. So, being a recent Amazon purchase, we had it replaced. Same thing!

Swapped it for a Moto something which works fine (as do all the other phones on our network - that's at least 5 currently).
 WiFi issues with mobile - VxFan
>> I tried turning it off leaving it for an hour or so then turning it back on.
>> This morning reconnected it up WiFi and seems to be back to normal. Strange.

Not really. What do you do when your PC does odd things?
You reboot it, which is effectively what you did by turning off/on your phone.
 WiFi issues with mobile - Falkirk Bairn
MY PC was having trouble with the Wi-fi yesterday morning.

Re-booted the router and all was well.

1 minute to reboot the router - a lot quicker / easier than re-booting my 5 year old PC
 WiFi issues with mobile - Zero

>> 1 minute to reboot the router - a lot quicker / easier than re-booting my
>> 5 year old PC

you have a pretty basic router then.
 WiFi issues with mobile - Falkirk Bairn
BT do not have fibre in my exchange area - old fashioned aluminium twin twisted pair - poor BB speeds especially when it rains.
 WiFi issues with mobile - Bromptonaut
>> Not really. What do you do when your PC does odd things?
>> You reboot it, which is effectively what you did by turning off/on your phone.

Had an issue with my phone where it was not accessing 4G or any data. Followed on from busting my monthly allowance using the phone as a hotspot in the caravan. Plusnet said ' have you tried turning it off and on again'?.

That worked.

Plusnet's staff are all in the UK and the agent and I were having a laugh about that line being delivered in an Irish accent - goes back to when Dell and Gateway had their support centres in Ireland.
Latest Forum Posts