Computer Related > 3D Printers Legal Questions
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 4

3D Printers - No FM2R
I increasingly find myself in need of little widgets of one description or another which are readily and cheaply available in the real world but b***** impossible to find here.

Usually they could be 3D printed. I think.

But I know nothing about 3D Printers. Does anybody here have any words of wisdom?

About the printers themselves, about the materials needed or anything really. I truly know nothing.
 3D Printers - Zero
Checkout about 3d modelling programmes first, unless you have a source of pre defined G-Code output to build the object. If you get over that hurdle, then think about the device where, the more you ay the better it is.
 3D Printers - No FM2R
Thingiverse has most stuff. And even more is available if you hunt for it.

I get that the more I pay for a printer the better it'll be, but there's got to be more to it than that.

Including a threshold below which it is not worth buying anything.
 3D Printers - smokie
I vaguely know an engineer who has one and who designs and prints his own stuff - I'm aware of replacement knobs for a car parcel shelf and something to do with car door handles.

From the little I know, I'm not sure you'd want to get into designing your own stuff. I believe he ends up doing quite a few prototypes, and he understands what he's doing (and is a very smart engineer).

Other than that I know nuffin.
 3D Printers - No FM2R

>> From the little I know, I'm not sure you'd want to get into designing your own stuff.

No real need.

www.thingiverse.com/

But I'd like to have a go.
Latest Forum Posts