Computer Related > How to reset Google Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Rudedog Replies: 3

How to reset Google - Rudedog
Not sure what's happened but my Google page seems to have changed.

I noticed it maybe a couple of days ago but I now don't get the animated Google word and I've lost the Settings option that used be at the bottom of the page, even the font in the search box seems odd plus my search results are in individual shaded boxes.

I've restarted my laptop but stopped short of deleting any Google cookies in case it was something obvious.

I'm running Firefox as my browser.
 How to reset Google - No FM2R
My Google logo is no longer animated, but I did increase my security recently so I assumed it was that.

I have a settings option at the bottom right, until I search and then it moves to the top right.

I don't get the individual shaded search boxes nor can I find any way to cause it.

Also Firefox / google.co.uk

Not much help, sorry.
 How to reset Google - Rudedog
Not sure if this is good.... I tried to search on my Google account to see if I could change the settings (only used for web browsing and YouTube) and it's told me to change one of the passwords due to a recent 'non-Google' data breach and the password was for this site!

I've changed my password for here.

Back to Google... the look has changed the search results are now in the centre of the page whereas before they used to go across almost the whole page.

Also the results now seem to focus on news reports or PDFs.

Maybe I'll check at work to see how Google looks there.

How to reset Google - No FM2R
>>it's told me to change one of the passwords due to a recent 'non-Google' data breach and the password was for this site!

Using the same password in two places? Consider yourself slapped. That's a cardinal sin, never do that.

Hackers get a username/password combination from one place, sell it, and then another hacker will try it against every site they can think of.

I have one crap, easy to type and remember password which I use for absolutely everything I couldn't give a damn about and then everything else has a unique and difficult password.
Latest Forum Posts